Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

painter - 4 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 6 K

i think this is his worst outing of the year
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

schwarber isnt fat anymore baby

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 01, 2022, 07:30:27 PM
schwarber isnt fat anymore baby

Crushing Scherzer

PhillyPhreak54

farg you Eflin

Have a shut down inning you bum

MDS

theyre getting to scherz and eflin had nothing today

typical phillies...they do the thing you dont expect them to do and dont do the thing you expect them to do

SD

Why does Girardi continue to trott Alvarado out there with a runner on 3rd? There's a 99% chance he's throwing a wild pitch. Granted that was more on Realmuto but he's still consistently wild.

PhillyPhreak54

Wild works sometimes. Last night he got out of a similar jam

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on May 01, 2022, 09:31:45 PM
Why does Girardi continue to trott Alvarado out there with a runner on 3rd? There's a 99% chance he's throwing a wild pitch. Granted that was more on Realmuto but he's still consistently wild.

who would you have liked him to bring in? its the 5th inning and the starter stunk

their bullpen def needs to get deeper but those runs scoring werent on jose. cross up then l/l dom takes a 100mph fb up the middle. tip your cap

PhillyPhreak54

Helluva game tonight

SD

Any other relief pitcher would have worked. Alvarado throws more wild pitches than any Phillie I've ever watched. Runner on 1st or 2nd fine but on 3rd is pure stupidity. I'm a little surprised this is an argument.

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on May 01, 2022, 10:13:01 PM
Any other relief pitcher would have worked. Alvarado throws more wild pitches than any Phillie I've ever watched. Runner on 1st or 2nd fine but on 3rd is pure stupidity. I'm a little surprised this is an argument.

hes got the best stuff on the team...in that spot youre going for the k.

a fine move and one that didnt matter because they stink anyway

SD

Yea he's been great all year with a runner on 3rd. I don't have the stats but if my memory is correct this is the 3rd or 4th run he's given up after throwing a wild pitch this season.

MDS

oof no son

in that spot - bases loaded 1 out - youre looking for a k. alvarado is your best bet for one, which is why he was brought in. hes also your best bet to not throw strikes or hit the backstop, yes. such is life with the endlessly mediocre phillies. and he didnt even throw a wild pitch - it was a passed ball.

minor footnote in the game but this was a prime example of why jean segura is such a loser. complete no show at the plate and a terrible error. god i hate him....hes spends his life on bad teams for a reason and here he is on year 4 on the phillies.