Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on August 12, 2020, 07:24:09 PM
Cozi tv in case anyone is wondering

I have never heard of that channel before this game was moved to it.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on August 12, 2020, 07:25:44 AM
Just scanned through that thread, Todd's baseball prediction was off but kudos on this call:

Quote from: MDS on December 21, 2017, 12:38:01 PM
we're all going to be dead in 2020

who the farg cares

todd's baseball prediction was more or less on. they were in playoff contention the last 2 years. i never guaranteed a world series or like multiple nl east titles. they are obviously a tire fire of a franchise and wholly inept in a lot of areas but they arent a 65 win team or something.

you wouldve figured *one* position player from their system would be decent but that was obviously too big an ask
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 12, 2020, 11:10:42 PM
they were in playoff contention the last 2 years.

oh wow

they were in playoff contention the last two years as far as they are in the major leagues and at some point every team is in playoff contention...but they werent in playoff contention....really not even close...they finished 3rd and 4th in their own DIVISION and 8 and 11 games out of the stupid play in game

its kind of like saying a cbb team was in contention for the ncaa tournament because they were in the next 15 out
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

This^^^^ They most certainly were not in playoff contention at any point and none of their prospects or the money they freed up has worked out. And they actually did spend "stupid money". How they go into the season with this bp is an absolute failure. Klentak needs to go.

Geowhizzer

Middleton provided the money.  MacPhail and Klentak provided the stupidity.

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 13, 2020, 11:19:23 AM
Middleton provided the money.  MacPhail and Klentak provided the stupidity.

If you believe in signs, this would should have been blatant: MacPhail

Geowhizzer

QB Eagles

Whole covid season should be treated like an elongated spring training to figure who can be salvaged for the next iteration of this trash heap of a franchise. If there's any season where sucking can be excused, it's this fake one.

ice grillin you

also what better season to go for the overall number one pick than a meaningless 60 game Rona season...

maybe klentak is playing 3d chess and thats the whole reason for the bullpen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

No he's just a farging imbecile.

Anyways good to see Bohm up. Granted he's going to hit .111 but hey whatever

Geowhizzer

Bohm Up

Haseley on 10-day DL (retroactive to yesterday)

Edgar Garcia DFA

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 13, 2020, 03:04:14 PM
also what better season to go for the overall number one pick than a meaningless 60 game Rona season...

maybe klentak is playing 3d chess and thats the whole reason for the bullpen

He'd just Mickey Moniak the pick

Geowhizzer

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 13, 2020, 10:33:44 AM
Quote from: MDS on August 12, 2020, 11:10:42 PM
they were in playoff contention the last 2 years.

oh wow

they were in playoff contention the last two years as far as they are in the major leagues and at some point every team is in playoff contention...but they werent in playoff contention....really not even close...they finished 3rd and 4th in their own DIVISION and 8 and 11 games out of the stupid play in game

its kind of like saying a cbb team was in contention for the ncaa tournament because they were in the next 15 out

they were 2.5 games out of 1st on 9/7 in 18....then they collapsed
in 19 they were much further out but still within a few games of the 2nd WC before....another collapse

not saying they were good, of course they werent. but they were playing meaningful games throughout most of the season and came into the year with a chance to be decent. thats what i was saying during the down years. they woulntd be that bad forever.

it turns out theyre just going to be mediocre forever
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.