Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on July 28, 2019, 05:12:02 PM
And Nola wasn't exactly Cy Young today either.

He was for six innings.  But that seventh...

MDS

their 3 best players all homered and they won

its almost as if...homers...good players...slug nah
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

They didn't give up 10 runs.  It's almost as if the pitching didn't completely implode for the 50th time this season.

MDS

score a bunch of runs and dont give that many! now you figured it out.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Jason Vargas

Oh perfect. Another #4 started.

Fantastic.

Geowhizzer

Phillies doing Phillie things.

Rome

What's sad is by default he's the #2 in that pitiful rotation.   

Geowhizzer

Anyone else reserve your plane tickets for the World Series yet?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 29, 2019, 07:42:17 PM

I already live in Houston and have work season tix so I'm good lol

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 29, 2019, 08:33:00 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 29, 2019, 07:42:17 PM

I already live in Houston and have work season tix so I'm good lol

Damn, all Florida has is Jeter's Money Pit and the Tamontreal Ex-Rays.

PhillyPhreak54

But you have spring training and spring optimism!

See ya in Clearwater in March and we can feel good before the in season nut kicks

Rome

Don't forget to wear your woodchoppah jersey. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on July 30, 2019, 08:47:52 AM
Don't forget to wear your woodchoppah jersey.

Nah...Jimmy for this one!

MDS

getting a guy like vargas is what i thought they should do a month and a half ago

fill out 4/5 rotation spots with mediocre bile. vargas, tanner roark, homer bailey, etc. get 5 innings out of them. if you go through their game logs, more often than not, they "keep teams in the game." move pivetta and velasquez to the pen. your bullpen becomes halfway decent.

its not a good plan. it probably wont even work. but im not sure what, at this point, else they can do. 3/5 of their rotation sucks. 1 other guy is washed up on top of having bone spurs. also they dont hit enough homers. ok fine whatever nothing matters.

Rome

Vargas is getting paid $8M a year.  Arrieta is getting paid $25M a year. 

Arrieta will be one of the worst signings in Phillies history by the end of his deal.