Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

QuoteFollower of Christ | Husband | Father | QB for the Philadelphia Eagles |

Adding that to my LinkedIn profile.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Eagles announced that Wentz is day-to-day with a lower body injury.

Jalen Hurts era imminent.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Bought a penis pump so he could finally step out of Foles' shadow, and now look at him. Finally married, and he'll never have his three minutes of missionary ever again.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Nope

I'll give him a very slight pass on WFT...no run game, first game and no preseason, line was awful.

But against the Rams he had a running game and the line played really well. Forcing the ball to the worst wr in the league who's in double coverage in the end zone is inexcusable.

QB Eagles

He was great for the first 25 minutes of the season, since then he's been worse than anyone.

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on September 25, 2020, 12:54:03 PMline was awful.

I dispute that.  More like, Washington D Line is all world, and Wentz played terribly. 

Go watch those 8 sacks again.  You can put one directly on Driscoll/Herbig mistake...and another squarely on Kelce for not picking up Bostic...otherwise, the six other sacks are at least partially if not entirely on Wentz for trying to super hero his way through, duck under, etc.  As Greenberg points out...he didnt' throw the ball away even once.

SD

Wentz wasn't good and held onto the ball too long, but even when he wasn't being sacked he was under duress. There was no running game whatsoever.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on September 25, 2020, 01:09:19 PM
Quote from: AO1 on September 25, 2020, 12:54:03 PMline was awful.

I dispute that.  More like, Washington D Line is all world, and Wentz played terribly. 

it can be both and it was

for example if lane johnson plays its still bad but not nearly as bad

nuance is your friend
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Did you read my comments...I'm all nuance yo.  Line gave up a few, Wash is legit good, and Wentz was awful.  That's three factors I'm crediting.  Nuance galore.

The lack of nuance is calling the line play awful, which is just false.

ice grillin you

since the game ended you've steady said it was all the wash line and a couple hours ago you literally wrote that you disputed that the eagle live was awful

Diomedes

Since the game ended, I've said two or three sacks were  straight on the O line, the rest on Wentz holding the ball too long/Washington being legit good.  It's a a matter of record, everything I've said in the last two weeks is still there.  I don't care to quote chapter and verse.

In this thread, i object to the idea that you can explain the first game as "Oline was awful."  It's just not true.  Wentz was awful, the Wash D line was good to great, and the Oline gave up a couple easy ones. 

Order of responsibility/credit for that awful 8 sack game:

Wentz/
Wash D Line legit
O Line mistakes

The oline did not play 8-sack awful in that game, and to put them first (or worse, only) on the reasons for that would be ridiculous.

Diomedes

ice grillin you

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a dumb nfl QB