The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

He will, of course, go on to win the cup either next year or the year after.

Dan Carcillo: Stanley Cup Champion.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

That was amazing.

farg you, Boston.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on June 24, 2013, 11:00:29 PM

Dan Carcillo: Stanly Cup Champion.

You gotta admit, he warmed up that pressbox real nice.

Munson

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 24, 2013, 11:03:38 PM
Quote from: Munson on June 24, 2013, 11:00:29 PM

Dan Carcillo: Stanly Cup Champion.

You gotta admit, he beat the shtein out of that pressbox real nice.

Fixed
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Nah, the pressbox would kick his ass, too. 

QB Eagles

If that was any of the other three North American sports, every sports fan in the country would have their jaw on the floor for the next week. To win a Cup like that is farging shocking.

Geowhizzer

Colossal choke job by the Bruins.  Can't really blame Rask for them, either.  He was left out to dry both times.

Now excuse me... I have to send a few facebook posts to some of my in-laws in Maine.  :D

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 24, 2013, 11:10:55 PM
If that was any of the other three North American sports, every sports fan in the country would have their jaw on the floor for the next week. To win a Cup like that is farging shocking.

Yeah that's akin to a football team leading by 10 with 1:00 to go and giving up a TD pass, onside kick and another TD pass to lose the SB.

Great finish.

QB Eagles

Given that it was a Game 6 to win it all, I felt it was akin to Joe Carter. Only a home run off Mitch Williams is a hell of a lot more likely than what happened in the final 1:16 tonight.

Between this and the Flyers comeback, thats two of the worst chokes of the decade for the same organization. Of course they also won the farging Cup themselves, which wouldn't be part of the story if they were a Philly team.

PhillyPhreak54

It's impressive that Chicago tore their last cup team apart and won the damn thing again in a couple years.

Meanwhile...Paul Holmgren and Eddie Snider sign bums and senior citizens.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 24, 2013, 11:25:15 PM
Given that it was a Game 6 to win it all, I felt it was akin to Joe Carter. Only a home run off Mitch Williams is a hell of a lot more likely than what happened in the final 1:16 tonight.

Between this and the Flyers comeback, thats two of the worst chokes of the decade for the same organization. Of course they also won the farging Cup themselves, which wouldn't be part of the story if they were a Philly team.

At that point, Williams should have never been out there.  His fastball was topping off at around 84 mph if I remember correctly.  Yeah, he gets the goat but Fregosi gets the blame in my mind for that one.  He never recovered his fastball, either.  Or his nerve, for that matter.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 24, 2013, 11:28:18 PM
It's impressive that Chicago tore their last cup team apart and won the damn thing again in a couple years.

Well they did keep Kane and Toews. The Flyers (who it's now hard to believe were in that Finals with Chicago) sent their duo to LA. Whoops.

PhillyPhreak54

Roger Mason should've been left in the goddamn game. farg you, Fregosi.

MDS

haha so youre still bitter about that but you have no regrets about the donovan f. mcnabb era

YOU CONFUSE ME!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

If Phreak were to go on about Fregosi every day for the next, say, three years, it may approach your level of... insanity.