BigEd76

The Islanders got Ryan Smyth from Edmonton for 2 prospects and a #1 pick

Columbus picked up Brian Boucher off waivers

PoopyfaceMcGee

I heart my Brian Boucher jersey.

BigEd76

On the anniversary of the Bertuzzi cheap shot, Chris Simon does one of his own

MDS

This is why people don't like the nhl. Get the thuggery and cheap shots out of the game. No ones wants to go to a hockey game and watch stupid pasty white canadians fight with each other. Suspend this douche for the rest of the year. And next year. Set a damn example.

Also, if anyone in the mainstream media picks this up, it won't get the same negative press as the panzy little fight between the Knicks and Nuggets. White people can fight and cheap shot each other and its whatever, but when black basketball tattooed rappers do it its like a gang war.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

That was a borderline clean check, Simon had his front to the boards. Regardless, it was a cheap shot by Simon. Rangers got the PP and scored the GW goal so justice was served.

Seabiscuit36

HOlleweg got what he deserved.  The guy never fights, talks trash all day long, and always makes dirty hits.  He's a puzzy and i'm happy Simon chopped him
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

MDS, you're a Hoyda. Get the farg off this thread.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

No, bitch, I'm right. This isn't good hockey, this doesn't belong in the game. Perhaps if people stopped having girlie fights and hitting each other over the head with their sticks like a couple of retards, more people would actually be interested in the nhl.

I really do wish this league goes under, or at least they fire Bettman. But the nhl does have a loyal, rich fans in each city that can keep the sport afloat. It's just that hockey is an awsome game, and it's being ruined by the style of nhl play.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

mds called me a bitch.

wah.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

No, bitch, I'm right. This isn't good hockey, this doesn't belong in the game. Perhaps if people stopped having girlie fights and hitting each other over the head with their sticks like a couple of retards, more people would actually be interested in the nhl.

such the irony...the nhl has all but eliminated fighting since the strike...yet as you like to point out they get 'lower ratings than bowling'...so make your mind up...less fighting more veiwers???...im confused here

ive never seen someone who doesnt watch a sport have so many thoughts about it (even if they are all incorrect)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Is it proven that fighting brings in viewers? The biggest problem with the nhl is the season is too long, the competition is watered down, the play in cities where they've never seen snow, and they are on some cable channel no ones ever heard of.

Again, I really do like hockey. It's just that the nhl is garbage and doesn't deserve support. The only way to bring change is to make it hurt in the leagues pockets. By going to games and watching it on tv, you aren't hurting them.

SunMo

i can't wait to not hurt them on Saturday
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Is it proven that fighting brings in viewers?

no...i dont think it has a tangible effect either way...the point is having less fighting def doesnt bring in more fans as you always like to throw out there

and fighting is loved by the real fans...the base of people you always bring up as being a loyal and strong following....so if nothign else keeping fighting in the game makes them happy

what they need to do is stop trying to bring hockey to people who dont like it

the commissioner should not be a lawyer from nyc..fire him and replace him with a hockey guy from canada

contract about six teams

give more attention to your core constituency

start trying to maximize the money you can make instead of trying to find new money you cant make
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Father Demon

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 09, 2007, 03:00:58 PM
Is it proven that fighting brings in viewers?

no...i dont think it has a tangible effect either way...the point is having less fighting def doesnt bring in more fans as you always like to throw out there

and fighting is loved by the real fans...the base of people you always bring up as being a loyal and strong following....so if nothign else keeping fighting in the game makes them happy

what they need to do is stop trying to bring hockey to people who dont like it

the commissioner should not be a lawyer from nyc..fire him and replace him with a hockey guy from canada

contract about six teams

give more attention to your core constituency

start trying to maximize the money you can make instead of trying to find new money you cant make

This is a good post.

So who's logged into IGY's computer?
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.