2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

The BIGSTUD

So happy for everyone here. You guys deserve it. The entire city did. Glad everyone had an amazing time. All the suffering made the last 3 days that much more insane. I don't think it would've been as amazing if I hadn't suffered for so long. Same applies to everyone else.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2008, 01:55:30 PM
im jealous because he didnt pay 700 bucks for 3.5 innings....but i was at the game and the parade and the parade owned the game...not that the game wasnt ridiculous

I paid 1600 total for the following: Opening Day, 17 game partial season plan (Which included game 4 of the brewers sweep, game 4 of the dodgers sweep, the division clinching game) then Game 2 of the NLDS (Victorino's GS), game 1 of the NLCS, Game 6 of the NLCS (not played), Game 3 and Game 5 of the WS.

People paid more for 1 WS ticket than I paid for two seats to the entire season...plus postseason. Really, there is no reason to not get season tickets, I actually paid less than that because I sold at least 4 games I couldnt make it to.

I don't believe for a second you were at that game by the way. Who goes to a clinching WS game and then waits 4 days to mention it? ha
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

yeah because if you dont talk about things on the internet they didnt really happen

but if you really care that much i can give you the phone numbers of the friends i sat with

lolol @ you being upset because you werent the only person on CF that went to the game

trust me when i say this you care way more about me than i do you

Wingspan

you're fairly wrong about that entire post.

nothing new though.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/Phillies_select_Amaro_as_new_GM.html

QuoteThis just in. . .

Ruben Amaro Jr. is the new Phillies general manager.

Sources close to the situation confirmed to the Daily News' Paul Hagen that club president Dave Montgomery met with assistant general manager, scouting and player development Mike Arbuckle yesterday and informed him that he had lost out to Amaro in what had been considered a two-man sweepstakes.

Arbuckle, who was hired by former general manager Lee Thomas before the 1993 season, then informed Montgomery that he will be leaving the organization to pursue other opportunities, the sources continued.

An official announcement is expected Monday.

The decision to hire Amaro, 43, is hardly a shock. There was strong speculation when Pat Gillick was hired three years ago that he was brought in, in part, to mentor the young assistant.

Amaro, who was often presented as the public face of the Phillies front office as Gillick preferred to operate of the spotlight, is heavily involved in many aspects of the organization, including contract negotiations. It was Amaro who introduced closer Brad Lidge and spoke for the organization when the Phillies announced his contract extension earlier this season.

Amaro has strong Phillies ties. His father, Ruben Sr., played for the Phillies and then worked for the team in a number of capacities. Ruben Jr. was a batboy for the Phillies from 1980 through 1983, and also played for the Phils in 1992-93 and 1996-98. He is also bilingual and a graduate of Stanford.

Nevertheless, Arbuckle's qualifications merited strong consideration. One of the first things Montgomery mentioned on the field in the giddy moments of euphoria after the Phillies clinched the team's first World Series title since 1980 on Wednesday night was the "many homegrown players" who had made it possible.

And it was Arbuckle, 58, who supervised the drafts that netted Ryan Howard, Cole Hamels, Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins, Brett Myers, Pat Burrell and Carlos Ruiz. It was also the system that provided the players (Michael Bourn, Geoff Geary, Mike Costanzo) that allowed Gillick to acquire Brad Lidge last November.

It remains to be seen if others in the scouting and player development department will follow Arbuckle out the door.

Amaro, who has been mentioned as a candidate for several general manager positions over the past few offseasons, will represent the Phillies at the GM meetings in California starting Monday.

Arbuckle would have made a good GM. farg Amaro.

PhillyPhreak54

Its no shock that Arbuckle would bolt since he was not named GM.

I really dislike Amaro. He's a latin Joe Banner but with more smugness.

ice grillin you

they could name reese gm and i wouldnt care right now...30 hrs ago there was a parade....settle down corksuckers

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 01, 2008, 02:40:01 PM

anyone remember this video?. Tear jerker looking back and knowing it's all over.

thank god it ended on a high note as the 2003 NFCCG lowlights of Trash and Pinky doing their Teletubbies impersonation did make me cry.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on November 01, 2008, 01:39:10 PM
Someone we know bought World Series merchandise at Modell's yesterday and flew it down with him.  Whoever manufactured the hat forgot to put the Phillies insignia on it after they won.

:-D

Needless to say it's going back.

I hope the one I bought on MLB.com isn't farged up like that one.

Also - bought this butta johnson on QVC yesterday...

It's on waitlist only now. 

I missed Victorino on QVC after the parade.  shtein!  I bet they had some cool stuff.

Now I'm worried as I ordered a bunch ot t-shirts and the WS Champs cap from Modell's online. :paranoid
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Players reaction to Utley's awesome line.

Wheels is the one with his head buried in his hands. :-D