2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

ive never liked this team from the start three years ago but now they are slowly turning into one of my least favorite philly teams ever

they now have 5 runs in the last 36 innings in homer central

against

some guy named vulcan
two guys fresh off long stints on the dl including one of them two starts back from tj surgery
a pittsburgh pirate
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 08, 2008, 10:11:31 PM
He can announce till he's in Dick Clark condition for all I care

no doubt
i dont want him gone
hes earned the right to stay as long as he wants
but he just isnt good anymore

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 08, 2008, 10:14:35 PM
ive never liked this team from the start three years ago but now they are slowly turning into one of my least favorite philly teams ever

Last years team will go down as one of my all time favorite Phils team, but that probably has more to do with the Mets collapse

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 08, 2008, 10:19:49 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 08, 2008, 10:14:35 PM

Last years team will go down as one of my all time favorite Phils team, but that probably has more to do with the Mets collapse

exactly...they would never be even close to my favorite just because there isnt likeable guys on the team....but had they followed up last year with something special this year i would have definitely come around on them...but as awesome as last year was and it basically was like a psedo championship it had nothing to do with them and everything to do with the mets...and the proof is that the year before last and the year after last they played exactly the same way they always have...they have never gotten better over the four years...its groundhog day

SD_Eagle5

Lidge is farging brutal in non save situations

SD_Eagle5

Back to back IW to Utley and Howard to load em up and go righty/righty with Burrell up. I'm thinking Burrell draws a walk for the W here

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Burrell pops up
Top 11th
They showed some nice cleavage shots when they showed the crowd

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

victorino has surpassed not just being the dumbest baseball player alive but has moved on to the list of dumbest people alive

PhillyPhreak54

I don't even know what to say.

PITTSBURGH FARGING PIRATES!

ZERO RUNS!

I hate hate hate hate hate hate this team.

LBIggle

longest home shutout by innings since 1956.  nice.

Don Ho

just saw the highlights on the local news.  victorino you stupid, stupid person.  :boom  dumb hawaiian.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

This team really is not good.  I got a chuckle watching Baseball Tonight last night, as they're apparently 4th in the most recent power rankings.

Rome

Blanton pitches his ass off and they still lose.

Oh, well.  It's not like they could have done anything to improve the team before the deadline anyway, right Stand Pat?