2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

The thing with Rollins and Utley are what's the most puzzling to me.

Rollins has been dogging it most of the year.  Whether it's the ankle or the MVP that's gone to his head, he has not been the spark plug the offense needs.  Worse than the results, the effort just isn't there far too often.

Why Utley has stopped hitting, I don't know.  But he has been brutal since the beginning of June, and Igy and I posted yesterday (6 HR and few RBI - can't remember the actual number).  Howard's been producing far more than Utley in the past two months, even with the lower batting average (and that's come up recently as well).

Missed today's game, and kind of glad I did.  I needed a day off from the Phillies.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2008, 02:09:35 PM
manuel is a very stupid individual.

no, i'm stupid for falling for this shtein.  these bums had me fooled after the 20-2 blowout in St. Louis last month.  just when i thought everything was coming together.........panic, nah.  just totally pissed.  thank god i didn't have to watch this shtein today as it started at 6:00 AM HST and i was out the door. 

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote• Phil 'er up: With that Joe Blanton deal out of the way, the Phillies are all over the left-handed-reliever market. They're in on most of the usual suspects (Fuentes, Marte, George Sherrill, Jack Taschner). But we're hearing they could have expanded the Blanton trade to include Alan Embree if they'd have been willing to throw in Olympic-team shortstop Jason Donald, and turned that one down. Another option they've mulled is recalling J.A. Happ as a situational left-hander. Left-handed hitters went 1 for 12 off Happ in his two starts earlier this month.

• Phil 'er up again: Could the Phillies still deal for a bat? Not impossible. But it won't be Matt Holliday. Yes, they looked into it, but they were scared off by the price tag before they even made an offer. Ditto on Nady. An official of one club that spoke with the Phillies says they're more focused on a "Casey Blake-type" bat, but pitching remains their top priority.

Stark Rumblings

SD_Eagle5

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 24, 2008, 08:33:09 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they absolutely loathe him because he doesn't make moves that you deem better.

Again, does he farg up? Yes.

But when it comes down to it, the players gotta play. It cracks me up when people, who just hate the guy and want to rip him about something, point to him being a hitting guru and cry how he should be helping Howard and all of these struggling hitters.

This collection of clowns need to learn how to hit with runners in scoring position, move runners over and shtein like that. During the Florida series Charlie mentioned about how no one seems to want to give up their ABs to get guys over and shtein like that.

He takes shots at the FO (Rowand leaving, begging for pitching, etc)
He's ripped the team and called the offense overrated
He's frustrated like hell as evidenced by getting tossed twice in the last few days

What do you want him to do? shtein gold?

Players. That's whose fault it is.

i never said it wasnt partly the players fault...there isnt a player on this team i havent killed...but you cant trade the whole team especially in mid season...however you can change the manager and the entire aura of the club whenever you want...i mean the proof is right in their face with the mets...and the bonus is whoever you get will at least be a competatnt tactician

Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2008, 11:26:37 PM
Still the crowd will never boo Utley. Ever.

hes dreamy saves puppies and is clearly injured....how could you boo that?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Right, but it's still more Charlie's fault than the players' fault, right?

ice grillin you

unless youre in the clubhouse every day i dont think you can 100% accurately say

really the %'s of fault are irrelevant and this isnt about blame...this is about doing something to make the team better

the fact is chuckles doesnt have the team and hes a horrible manager of a roster that has a lot of talent...you cant address the players en masse until after the season...but you can address the manager right now

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD_Eagle5

Quote"It's unfortunate, but rules are rules," said pitcher Jamie Moyer, after another great outing by him was wasted. "I commend Charlie for standing up to the rules that he has. I think we all need to be accountable to that. Each team has their own rules. They play for not only their managers and their coaching staffs, but they play amongst their teammates and I think you create who you are in the clubhouse and on the field by the way you act and the way you carry yourself. I'm sure it is something that probably won't happen again, but life goes on."

Doesn't look like Jimmy has the support of his teammates

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

moyer is a fraud anyway....hes sellersville....he couldnt hold down souderton if he tried

SunMo

he was born at Grand View Hospital, which is in Sellersville, but he was raised in Souderton and went to Souderton HS
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.