2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Quote from: MDS on June 16, 2008, 07:04:07 PMespn feed working in philly for some reason

It was the only 7PM game but yeah, usually they just show ESPNEWS

Burrell and Howard with triples on the same night....f'ing awesome

LBIggle

Rome

Howard isn't even looking to pull the ball at this point.  He's just swinging level and letting the ball get deep on him before finishing his swing.

It's bad farging news for everyone they face if he starts hitting like this for a month or so.

LBIggle

really wish the lineup after burrell wasn't always a guaranteed out.  are u kidding me again jenkins..

Geowhizzer

For some reason Utley just isn't seeing the ball well tonight.  He even missed the meatballs Timlin was lobbing up there.

Geowhizzer

Hamels needs to put Pedroia on his ass here.

SunMo

stupid charlie took burrell out already...i farging hate that shtein
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

MDS

utley hasnt had a hit since friday. just a normal slump.

jenkins is also in a pretty bad slump, though he was a lot better in may (.303 avg, .818 ops). hes also been brutal against lhp, but thats expected when he only gets 15 ab's against them.

hes also the best option against rhp, werth is hitting below .250 and has a lower ops. the obp's are about the same, but thats just because werth walks so much.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

In this case it's actually a good move.  Or at least it would have been if Jenkins hadn't swung at the first pitch (again).

Someone needs to clue that farger in that he's not playing in Milwaukee anymore so there's no reason to play like an AIDS-glazed jockstrap.

MDS

ge off is what he is. his performance so far has pretty much been consistent with his career averages. and he looks like brett favre, legendary drug addicted qb.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

LBIggle

hah, cole flippin out for walking drew with a 6 run lead was awesome.  should've just pegged him in the knee.  or face.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on June 16, 2008, 09:23:15 PM
hah, cole flippin out for walking drew with a 6 run lead was awesome.  should've just pegged him in the knee.  or face.

With a D-cell.

SD_Eagle5