2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Rome

If Rollins is out long term (even a 15 day DL stint) who replaces him?

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on April 08, 2008, 04:45:01 PM
If Rollins is out long term (even a 15 day DL stint) who replaces him?

Eric Bruntlett

With the guy who has never seen a pitch he doesnt like, Shane Victorino, moving up to leadoff.

Rome

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 08, 2008, 04:34:44 PM
hopefully igy's medical insider is wrong too.

Which one? the Lis Franc insider or the broken ankle one? lol
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

i didn't get to see the game today but were the mets pitchers actually choking themselves as they threw the ball?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on April 08, 2008, 04:52:55 PM
i didn't get to see the game today but were the mets pitchers actually choking themselves as they threw the ball?

Pretty much. Schoenwies, Heilman and Joe Smith all choked it up.

Rome

Delgado appeared to choke himself on his throwing error in the 7th as well.   Good times.

The only thing missing from today's Mets implosion was Billy Wagner.  Too bad.  Not enough bad things can happen to that shteinkicking redneck douche.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on April 08, 2008, 04:59:38 PM
Delgado appeared to choke himself on his throwing error in the 7th as well.   Good times.

The only thing missing from today's Mets implosion was Billy Wagner.  Too bad.  Not enough bad things can happen to that shteinkicking redneck douche.

That was a good play by Chase. He bowed out a bit in the baseline to make Delgado have to throw it around him. Mr. I'm too good to stand for the national anthem threw it into his back.

And Reyes didn't give him a good target either.

rjs246

This thread got funny for a few posts. Now it sucks again.

Just keeping everyone informed.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Rollins says he's playing tomorrow, but he will have to see how it feels in the morning. He wasn't limping (according to sportsnite) after the game at all.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Munson

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 08, 2008, 06:04:27 PM
Rollins says he's playing tomorrow, but he will have to see how it feels in the morning. He wasn't limping (according to sportsnite) after the game at all.

That's still adrenaline and shtein from the game.

That ankle will feel a lot worse tonight/tomorrow morning.
Rollins is the type of player that'll play through any amount of pain though.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Munson on April 08, 2008, 06:07:16 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 08, 2008, 06:04:27 PM

That's still adrenaline and shtein from the game.

That ankle will feel a lot worse tonight/tomorrow morning.
Rollins is the type of player that'll play through any amount of pain though.

Guidel was on DNL about a half an hour ago saying he walked out to meet them just fine (no limp at all) and could have stayed in the game but only at about 50%. I think he misses the next two games max and there's a strong possibility he plays tomorrow.

I love that the bums ruined opening day. Also love the fact that they were boo'd to start the game then the Mets fans turned on their relief pitching late in the game.