Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 14, 2019, 07:24:24 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 14, 2019, 07:38:55 AM
I fell asleep. Good to see they won.

grandpa

Looks like an early night again tonight too

PhillyPhreak54

And another one tonight

Maybe Arrieta should zip his lips until he isn't getting bombed or walking everyone

PhillyPhreak54

JFC

This is rough to watch

MDS

j is the season over
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 15, 2019, 09:05:03 PM
j is the season over

If they don't hit or get some decent pitching.

Nola looks like shtein. So does Arrieta. Eflin is the only guy pitching well. The BP consists of slopballing bums or inconsistent guys.

Mr 330 is flirting with the Mendoza Line. McCutcheon isn't too far behind him. And they have some ham fisted stupid fargs on defense.

MDS

wow they are really bad oh my god everyone sucks

ice grillin you

everyone doesnt sucks but they arent good

you know what is good?

powder blues

Geowhizzer

They're not great, but they currently do have the 3rd best record in the NL (I think 8th overall, but I may have missed one in the AL in a rush).  And that's with Harper and Nola stinking up the joint.

Nola needs to get better.  He may not be what he looked like last year, but he needs to be better than the dreg that's been getting shelled this year.

Arrieta... meh.  I'm afraid what we're seeing is what we're going to get.  Utter mediocrity.

The trading deadline will ultimately decide what will happen this season.  You could tell that the front office didn't trust the roster  last year, because they really didn't try to get high-end talent.

ice grillin you

arrieta declining for four straight years at his age was expected

harpers strikeout rate now has gone up for four straight years...at 26 that should not be happening

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 16, 2019, 12:07:05 PM
arrieta declining for four straight years at his age was expected

harpers strikeout rate now has gone up for four straight years...at 26 that should not be happening

I'd like to see Harper not swing like he's an extra in Game of Thrones.  He doesn't need to do that to generate power.