Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Brycie hitting a robust .230

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 01, 2019, 11:07:49 PM
Brycie hitting a robust .230

if theres one thing i know, its that bryce harper will be judged on his *squints to read fine print* batting average

his .848 OPS is beneath where it should be. its 68th best in MLB. .376 OBP is 42nd. hes had a terrible stretch and should be booed off the field but his overall numbers are actually above the league average.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

He's being paid a little above the league average too.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 01, 2019, 11:15:44 PM
but his overall numbers are actually above the league average.

bwahahahaah
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Batting average is a useless stat. 

OPS, though...  VITAL. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 02, 2019, 07:03:26 AM
Batting average is a useless stat. 

OPS, though...  VITAL.

correct. welcome to 2005.

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 01, 2019, 11:56:11 PM
He's being paid a little above the league average too.

this is true but bryce's pricetag is inflated because hes bryce harper. if its merely based on production he wouldnt be a $25 million player. but hes a legit celebrity and a fixture on sportscenter, etc. so thats part of what youre paying for.

my thinking is that if after 1 bad month bryce is still the 60-something best player in baseball and a 0-win player (meaning hes not a negative), thats survivable. hes going to have stretches worse than this. anybody who thought they were getting mike trout is quickly finding out that this is not that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Nick Williams is not a good baseball player.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

i cant remember a strike zone as bad as bill miller had tonight

they won and everything but that was just insultingly bad

Don Ho

That last called third strike was in another county.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Miller was bad on both sides.  Therefore, he was fine.

Don Ho

Nacasio is another pos that needs to go.  Clueless farg.

Geowhizzer

This inning, though...

Don Ho

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer