Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

The Dodgers have Manny and the Phillies don't.  That's really the difference maker because otherwise both teams are the definition of meh. 

Don Ho

Dodgers lineup is far superior to the Phils, even without Manny and that sexy hairdo.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on July 24, 2018, 11:29:58 AM
The Dodgers have Manny and the Phillies don't.  That's really the difference maker because otherwise both teams are the definition of meh.

the dodgers are really good. you dont watch baseball. stop.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

The Dodgers did go to the World Series last year, while last year's Phils couldn't have made the Little League World Series.

MDS

the dodgers are so deep, too. most of their bench players would start for the phillies.

additionally: jorge alfaro is a maddening player but he has an elite arm and THAT kind of power
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2018, 09:50:40 PM
the dodgers are so deep, too. most of their bench players would start for the phillies.

additionally: jorge alfaro is a maddening player but he has an elite arm and THAT kind of power

Point A - so true, they have always had one of the best farm systems in all of baseball.  It is amazing how they keep finding these gems year after year.

Point B - why in God's name did that fat ass swing at that first pitch, dude pitching was all over the place, take a few.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Enough with the Chase slop fest.  Good God!  First ovation was fine but stop already.   Grit scores the winning run these dick rods might just storm the field and carry him off.

Geowhizzer

I have a feeling this is going to be a long second half.  Their offense just isn't good enough.

MDS

so one of the worst teams in baseball last year isnt going to make the playoffs this year? err ma god

cant people just enjoy this...theyre good again...theyre a year ahead of schedule....house money 2nd half

Don Ho

Well that was fun!  6 hours of baseball, really enjoyed it. 

Rome

Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2018, 09:38:54 PM

Both teams have 56 wins a hundred games into the season.   I'm sure you'll explain how that's a limited sample size or that you can't judge a team's actual value by their record. 

SD

Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2018, 11:42:17 PM
so one of the worst teams in baseball last year isnt going to make the playoffs this year? err ma god

cant people just enjoy this...theyre good again...theyre a year ahead of schedule....house money 2nd half

This has been a very good year for Philly sports as far as exceeding expectations
Birds
Sixers won 52 and made it to the 2nd. Most of us had them winning 40 and getting bounced in the 1st.
Flyers were decent and made the playoffs. Looked semi competent for stretches of the season
Phillies are relevant heading into August. Can't ask for much more from this squad.

I was proud of myself for making it to the 13th inning before passing out.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on July 25, 2018, 05:27:12 AM
Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2018, 09:38:54 PM

Both teams have 56 wins a hundred games into the season.   I'm sure you'll explain how that's a limited sample size or that you can't judge a team's actual value by their record.

the dodgers were horrible in april....there was legit talk of them selling. seager was hurt. so was kershaw. jansen was blowing saves. the ship was righted. they traded for machado. kershaw is back. they are the team to beat in the nl and will likely have the most wins by game 162.

them having the same wins as the phillies in late july means nothing. the dodgers are better. the fact that the phils are playing with them is impressive.

ice grillin you

Ranger Suarez will end the Phillies' 267-game streak of not having a left-handed starting pitcher when he makes his major-league debut Thursday in Cincinnati against the Reds.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The Dodgers are the best 56 win team after 100 games ever.

The Phillies, on the other hand...