Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

For all the comparisons to Kelly that I'm seeing and saying myself, at least Kelly had a wealth of head coaching experience before he was hired.  He was arrogant and stubborn and his act grew tiresome after a while, but at least he was experienced at some level. 

This guy is just a charlatan and he has absolutely no business managing a big league team, least of all one in a market where the fans will come after him with torches and pitchforks. 

SD

The Chip comparisons are because of the overuse of analytics and sports science. It pretty much ends there.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 30, 2018, 09:43:06 AM
lol

ok gotcha - I will send it this weeeknd

you have until a phillies starter is allowed to pitch into the 7th before i change the password

ok let me amend that. you have until tuesday
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Damn it I had front row seats to Phils-Mets at Citi tonight but of course we get an April snowstorm.

Rome

Dougie P is throwing out the first pitch on Tuesday. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on April 02, 2018, 07:53:21 PM

If Kapler doesn't pull him because of his chart...

MDS

on the bright side the phillies havent made a pitching change since saturday
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

this is a really miniscule thing but with the off day, rain out, csn.com exclusive and facebook exclusive, the phillies will go 4 days in between televised games.

when is the last time that happened? the 70s? before prism?

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 02, 2018, 09:44:18 PM
Quote from: Rome on April 02, 2018, 07:53:21 PM

If Kapler doesn't pull him because of his chart...

:-D :yay
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on April 02, 2018, 09:49:28 PM
on the bright side the phillies havent made a pitching change since saturday

:-D :-D :yay :yay
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Ridiculous seamhead bullshtein again.  Thank god for the Birds because it might be 50 years before these losers will win again. 

Geowhizzer

Missed the Facebook Fiasco.  Glad I did.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 04, 2018, 06:36:57 PM

Me too. I hear that it was bad, but was it worse than TMac?

MDS

i went to summer camp with the guy who did the game, scott braun. hes not a pbp guy. hes a studio host. was way out of his element doing games. totally missed stuff. they tried way too hard to implement "social media" things. the graphics were way too big. mlb shouldve forced facebook to do a non-exclusive year before taking this on. asburd to expect them to put on a good broadcast with 0 experience.

kruk wasnt taking it seriously and just cracking jokes the entire time...he said farg at one point

also the phillies are bad. how is 165 at bats from rosario enough of a sample size to employ that drastic of a shift? im sure the data was accurate but williams was playing deep 2B. but what difference does it make they cant score.

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 04, 2018, 06:45:31 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 04, 2018, 06:36:57 PM

Me too. I hear that it was bad, but was it worse than TMac?

yes