The Big 5.5 Sports Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 09, 2009, 10:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: PoopyfaceMcGee on January 20, 2013, 04:51:59 AM
I basically gave up gambling in favor of higher stakes fantasy sports, so the preferences I choose are different than those of someone who tries to scout talent or handicap games.

Havas' method of watching is highly preferable to those guys. They want to see the little details. All the scoring plays will show up on the stat sheet anyway.

last channel is infinitely better than red zone imo....you can watch espn.com or yahoo for scoring plays but to get the true feel of a game you have to watch full series...punts three and outs....all that junk...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i guess it comes down to you are ok with following colts/lions on yahoo and seeing the highlights later

i want the live video
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i would always take live video....but what we are talking about is live sports vs one percent of live sports

MDS

gross underestimation

red zone shifts between what turns out to be 4-5 games. often goes play for play between them. lets say theres 10 games...3 you see essentially all of it...3 just a few thing...2 just scoring plays and some big stuff...2 just tds but well after they happened
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

red zone sucks unless you live in mexico and love fantasy and i dont wanna talk about this anymore

PoopyfaceMcGee

My personal preference is aligned to MDS, but I think IGY has the better argument here - considering both of you are gamblers and neither are really into fantasy football. If you want to be successful in the long term betting on sports, you have to watch all the "boring" details of those sports to have an edge.

MDS

i watch all 430 and primetime games, i get the details

like i said theres too much going on in the 1pm slot to pick 2 games and yahoo the rest.

ice grillin you

ive said many times because i have birds seasons i dont watch nearly as much nfl as i should but when i do i want a full game....i want to see in game adjustments....i want to see the qb checking out of shtein....i want to see the defense change from press to zone et cetera...

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 20, 2013, 05:18:21 AM
ive said many times because i have birds seasons i dont watch nearly as much nfl as i should but when i do i want a full game....i want to see in game adjustments....i want to see the qb checking out of shtein....i want to see the defense change from press to zone et cetera...

When you're looking for all of that during an Eagles' away game, have you had a lot of laughs at the expense of Vick over the last couple of years?

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 20, 2013, 05:26:12 AM
ugh....vick is a travesty

If Vick is a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10, what's McNabb?

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

great win by lasalle last night...as predicted here yesterday

come into the GOLA and get your shtein took....can you imagine those midwestern kids driving thru north philly on the way to game....you aint a crook son....yous a shook one

ice grillin you

huge day in big five hoops tomorrow....two top 10 and one top 20 opponent

1100 - cuse at nova - espnu
600 - temple at butler - espn2
800 - lasalle at vcu - cbss

also the joe on hawk hill vs xaiver - 600 - cbss