The Big 5.5 Sports Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 09, 2009, 10:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 20, 2013, 04:02:39 AM
it was horrendous

so youll pay for all kinds of packages but you wont pay for extra sports channels

i dont even know how to pay for it...i think its part of some package
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just send your provider an extra ~$200 a month with a note that explains sports are the most important things in your life.

MDS

lol when i was in philly the sports thing was 5 a month...its 7 for some with time warner

red zone is the greatest thing of all time and pays for itself. outside of football season its awful.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

red zone is a disgrace....id pay to not get that

MDS

great so when im watching every important play of every game you are flipping back between the ravens and the taterskins

fun
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you cant get the feel of a game when you only get 5% of the plays....i like to watch the whole thing or most of it and watch the coaches tendecies and philosophies....this is something you can never get on garbage ass red zone

red zone is for fantasy heads not football heads

MDS

i get that plenty

the important teams play enough 430 and primetime games and i see them there. red zone 100 johnson when the eagles arent on is the greatest 3.5 hours of the week period no debate

otherwise you miss too much. too much going on. i have no clue how i watched football as a kid without red zone. it sucked.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Assuming the Eagles are on at 1pm and the game means SOMETHING, here is the list:

1. At a bar with good view of the Eagles game, decent views of many other games, and a smartphone to check stats
2. Watching the Eagles game at home and flipping to the Red Zone channel during commercials

As is said here a bit too often, "That's it. That's the list."

ice grillin you

this is the difference btwn a sports fan and a fantasy fan....i respect your outlook but its an awful view

MDS

i dont do fantasy...i just bet...but i agree with ff

when the eagles are on im all on that game...during commercials will glance at other tvs or flip to red zone, depending on where i am

when eagles arent on im on the chair with red zone and thats it until 430. its golden.

ice grillin you

its a generational thing

youngins want mtv football and elders want cnn football...im not even saying one is better than the other...its just different

MDS

i just dont understand how you can sit there when a good game is going on a not want to watch it

ice grillin you

you dont see games on red zone...you see a couple plays

if you were talking nfl package i could understand....but red zone is miniscule nuggets of nonsense

PoopyfaceMcGee

I basically gave up gambling in favor of higher stakes fantasy sports, so the preferences I choose are different than those of someone who tries to scout talent or handicap games.

Havas' method of watching is highly preferable to those guys. They want to see the little details. All the scoring plays will show up on the stat sheet anyway.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 20, 2013, 04:46:13 AM
you dont see games on red zone...you see a couple plays

if you were talking nfl package i could understand....but red zone is miniscule nuggets of nonsense

if i had the package it would be basically be red zone...take me to the most interesting game please

obviously at some points i want more skins giants cowboys less patriots saints rams but its generally perfect