The Big 5.5 Sports Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 09, 2009, 10:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

lol @ all time classic. slow your roll, homie.

but yes, hopefully this is the last time temple plays lossale in an a10 game. im cautiously optimistic about these big east rumors. if they are true then its great for the university. if its not, then fine. well keep owning the a10 and wasting everyones time in the mac playing directional michigan schools and backpedaling into bowl games against pretend states in new mexico.

side note: if temple can beat st. blows on saturday and somehow got through back to back true road big 5 game ringer, theyll win the a10 outright, will be ranked in the top 15 and could be a 4 seed in the ncaas. after st. blows its umass at home (lol) and @ fordham (lolololol).

ps how is nova doing?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

id rather be in the a10 than the new big east
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

actually i would....the new big east is a travesty

MDS

so youd rather play xavier, st lou, lossale, st blows, dayton and lots of crap than georgetown, marquette, villanova, uconn, louisville, cinci, notre dame and lots of crap

ill be sure to tell bill bradshaw not to go through with it

ice grillin you

id rather play lasalle and the joe four times a year....i think penn nova and drexel should all move to the a-10 so the city six can be in the same conference

ice grillin you

temple and the joe on the U in five minutes

hagan is gonna be out of control...one of the most underrated enviroments in the country

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 25, 2012, 03:05:06 PM
id rather play lasalle and the joe four times a year....i think penn nova and drexel should all move to the a-10 so the city six can be in the same conference

you think unreasonable and impossible things

p.s. this game is not in hd. its standard def. with the picture stretched. espnu sucks.

also farg hagan and his pos arena. temple is above playing 4000 seat high school gyms and hopefully this is it for the a10.

ice grillin you

its in hd for me

and temple should try selling out their own arena before they declare themselves above anything....their support is a joke

MDS

there are a lot of reasons for that but the short answer is philly is a big time town and temple is small time

notice how temple can draw against big 5 teams, duke, kansas, gtown, etc. only get 3k for st bonaventure. hmmmm.

big east more or less is big time. football is a catastrophe but its better than the mac.

temple can be legit if they play the right teams. st blows and lossale are jokes every day of the week.

ice grillin you

sj joes support destroys temples

MDS

the main reason for the that is temple doesnt have an identity...if it does its philadelphia

a good % of students stop living on campus after freshman year....lot of part-time, commuter students who are there to just get a degree, dont have time or interest or means to get involved in anything on campus

the mentality carries over to everyone and there is an enormous amount of apathy on campus about the school and subsequently about the sports. however when it counts and when it gets big temple people are there (a10 tourney, city games, top 25 games, etc.). if that becomes the entire schedule im feeling the season ticket base will increase and theyll get 7-8k in the house for early season games against st peters and big east games against houston and central florida. then of course fill it up for uconn, gtown, nd, etc.

football will be a slight to marginal improvement. bottom line they are still many many rungs behind the top of the ladder. if temple gets into big east the hoops team can easily become a top 10 team.

ice grillin you

temple getting embarrassed....all night they have looked like they dont care

Hawk

Gotta love when my school smacks temple.

MDS

once every 15 games or so its bound to happen

also good thing they got 4k in there so tons of cash could be funneled into the catholic church's fund for relocating priests after they fondle little boys