The Big 5.5 Sports Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 09, 2009, 10:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: MDS on March 28, 2016, 07:13:20 PM
no joke, temple/nd football was a bigger story than nova

thank god nobody cares about the goings on of a suburban pos school

lol - just read this.  you sound like a jilted high school girl.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on April 03, 2016, 11:08:58 AM
Quote from: MDS on March 28, 2016, 07:13:20 PM
no joke, temple/nd football was a bigger story than nova

thank god nobody cares about the goings on of a suburban pos school

lol - just read this.  you sound like a jilted high school girl.

Why should today be different than any other day?

MDS

when they made the final 4 it surpassed it

but take from someone in philly not some old fart in florida, more people were into temple/nd that nova's sweet 16 run
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

QuoteThe leaders in the clubhouse for Big 12 expansion remain BYU, Cincinnati and Connecticut. The next tier includes South Florida, Central Florida, Memphis, Colorado State, Houston, Boise State and Tulane. If the league does add four schools, there's really no standout candidate for that fourth slot. (Houston has the best program and television market of available schools, but there's still some hesitancy within the state of Texas to allow the Cougars to use the Big 12 to potentially leap over current members). Schools like Temple, San Diego State and Northern Illinois don't really have a chance, but will give it a shot anyway. "They're going to open it up like an auction," one Big 12 source said. "They don't want it to be like they're out there soliciting schools."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i wont pretend to know anything about realignment, but i just dont get why a major conference would want any of those teams over the biggest school in one of the biggest markets in the country.

with the acc network launching in 5 years or so, maybe they move to 16 and grab temple so they can put that channel on in an extra 3-4 million homes.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

big 12 doesn't have a tv network so market size doesn't mean much to them otherwise they would be fighting way harder to get Houston

i think they have it right...id put temple alone behind Memphis south and central florida and ahead of the rest

but I think they got it right with byu uconn and cincy....again Houston is number one with a bullet on the entire list but as they mention the idiotic texas politics of it all is messing with that

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 20, 2016, 09:45:42 AM
big 12 doesn't have a tv network

they obviously want one....the thing that would make sense would be to take over the god awful longhorn network

but i fundamentally dont even understand why these conferences want cable networks when cable is a dying industry

Rome

UCF has 60,000 plus students, it's located in a top 20 tv market and it has an easily expanded on-campus stadium that's about 10 yrs old. 

They should be a lock.

ice grillin you

MDS

this was rolling around twitter so maybe some of you saw it

kyle lowry became the 2nd big 5 player ever to win a gold medal in basketball. who was the 1st?

answer: [spoiler]pepe sanchez [/spoiler]

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

wow rip the great michael brooks....my pops all time favorite player

MDS

temple lost at home to manhattan a week ago then in less than 24 hours beat florida state and west virginia

ok then

ice grillin you