The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Depends on your skills...if you know how to use your weapon, the fact your opponent can spray bullets don't matter.

Furthermore, if we outlaw the guns I'm talking about, then it's a matter of attrition....once they are no longer sold, every one of them taken out of ciruclation by whatever means is a tangible gain in public safety.  Eventually, even thugs won't have them.  Granted, 'eventually' here means many years, but what the farg, it's worth getting started on, I think.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

Holy crap NIU is only about 35-40mins from me. One of my employees goes to school there, luckilyfor him he has night classes. 4 dead and 17 injured according to CNN a couple of minutes ago.

phillymic2000

methdeez

In many parts of the county it is a hell of a lot easier to get a gun than a  fishing liscence.
Splains that to me.

Diomedes

PETA is strong in those places, obviously.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but whatever. I find it interesting that the news media erupts with coverage when the dead count is 5 or 6 or15 in one event, but when it's 1 or 2 a day in similarly small geographic area constantly, it gets no national press.  Too much to report on, I guess.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 14, 2008, 08:03:08 PM
The problem is just like handguns, you can control the legal purchasers. 

that didnt work out to well in the VT shootings
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 15, 2008, 09:48:33 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 14, 2008, 08:03:08 PM
The problem is just like handguns, you can control the legal purchasers. 

that didnt work out to well in the VT shootings

The problem with that was if i remembe correctly, Cho was sent to therapy, or had to be evaluated mentally.  I do think that if you at any time are sent to, or have had to been treated for mental issues, there should be a reporting system in place.  I know that when i got my handgun and license, i had to sign 3 different places that i have not been in a mental institution, nor had any mental breakdowns or something to that effect.  The problem is right now there is no concrete way to prove that someone isnt lying.  The problem is rights of those, and doctors providing information to the gubament about one's mental state. 

Its a broken system but full scale banning of guns is a stupid idea. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

He was reported off his meds, i'm guess this pic was when he was on his meds. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

he got all the attention he's ever wanted now. freak
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Dillen

Last night on the History Channel was something on the St Valentines Day Massacre in 1929. After that was supposed to be Snipers which seemingly would be awesome. They replaced it with some stupid shtein and I was pissed.

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.esquire.com/features/steven-kazmierczak-0808

Article in Esquire about the guy from NIU. A long read, but pretty good and interesting.

ATV

This is another school shooting incident that was completely fabricated. As we all know, "guns don't kill people, people kill people". I find it hard to believe that anybody could massacre that many people without a gun. Never happened.

Seabiscuit36

I'd love to massacre you and your family with my gun