Relaunching! Sorta!

Started by General_Failure, March 11, 2009, 10:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Turn the anykey knob topwise.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Fan_Since_64

Hi everyone, by now many of you may (or may not, in which case, carry on) have noticed that I've been neglecting the Eagles History section in general and Greatest Eagles by the Numbers in particular. There are a number of reasons, starting with the time I've been devoting to my blog, "Today in Pro Football History" (there's a link in the Ultimate NFL Links thread). Since launch in Oct. 2009, it has taken a great deal of my free time - especially during the season (September thru January) when I irrationally insist on posting every day. It's been worth it, and I'm seeing it begin to draw attention and take off, but it makes it very hard to do something else that is as time-intensive as Greatest Eagles by the Numbers - especially since I still have my day job and other Real Life things to fill up my time.  :P

Anyway, feeling a certain loyalty to CF, I have been trying to come up with a way to combine what I'm doing on my own site with the Eagles History section here. While "Today in Pro Football History" covers all of the NFL and other pro leagues of the past (hey, I'm not too choosy, I even put up two posts regarding the XFL last spring), naturally the Eagles get primacy of place. I had suggested to GF that I could post links to Eagles-related entries on my site to the Eagles History section, for anyone who might be interested. Since I am pretty much done with Eagles posts for the next few weeks, I will back load a few (mostly good ones, we need that!). Feel free to comment, of course. Also, while it's stretching the concept of Eagles History slightly, I will post a couple pertaining to Philadelphia franchises that existed in other leagues - most notably, the Stars of the USFL (they brought a championship to Philadelphia, so of course were forced to move and the league folded) and the Bell of the WFL (pure comic relief).

I haven't given up on Greatest Eagles by the Numbers, but for now that will remain on hiatus. Still waiting for that billionaire fan of pro football history to come along who wants to provide the backing for all of this to be my full-time profession (No, I'm not holding my breath  :P ).

Diomedes

The difference between '64 and '61, my gawd.  You two have been this different since birth, I imagine.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Nice to have you back 64.  Looking forward to whatever you end up posting here.  Didn't know you had a seperate blog though....will have to check that out. 

LOL @ Dio

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Diomedes on January 17, 2011, 10:23:34 PM
The difference between '64 and '61, my gawd.  You two have been this different since birth, I imagine.

:-D

Good to see you FS64!  :=)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Fan_Since_64

Good to be back once again!  :)

And glad to be pulling the new project together with CF.  8)

Zanshin

Hey, FS64. Didn't know you had the other blog. Good to see you back, and I'll check it out. Hope all is well.