Around The NFL - 2024

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 03, 2024, 05:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Fields to the Steelers for a sixth round pick next year. Could escalate to a 4th round pick if he hits certain benchmarks.

phattymatty

I don't even like Justin Fields but playing backup to that cornball Russ seems like absolute hell.  Poor guy.

QB Eagles

The max the Bears can get in return is what the Niners got from the Cowboys for Trey Lance.

This is effectively the whole league declaring Fields worthless. It's crazy because he can accomplish some extremely high level plays when he's at his best. They have zero faith he will ever develop replacement level or better consistency.

PhillyPhreak54

Damn Chiefs traded Sneed to Tennessee for a 2024 7th and 2025 3rd

PhillyPhreak54

NFL has banned the hip drop tackle.

Hello stupid subjective flags in crunch time.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 25, 2024, 11:04:12 AMNFL has banned the hip drop tackle.

Hello stupid subjective flags in crunch time.

what is that?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

offensive stars are getting majorly injured from that type of tackle and the league runs on qbs + skill position talent being in the lineup

its a fine idea to kill it, but its going to likely be impossible to legislate and will result in some really dumb shtein happening. cant wait
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I think they'll be specifically looking for the combo of both arms around, tackling player leaving his feet to transfer full body weight, and the swing around. Going to be tough to distinguish that in real time. Would be smart if year 1 was just after-the-fact fines and no in-game penalty, but this is the NFL.

SD

Trade deadline was moved back a week so Howie has more time to think about his midseason awful trades

Wonder if they'll ever have set Xmas teams like they do for Thanksgiving
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1772640872506556584

Diomedes

Agents got to be on the watch now for zesty contract language that attempts to penalize rookies for any penalties from a hip drop tackle.  I recall the Bears trying something like that with Roquan Smith...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD on March 26, 2024, 11:47:53 AMWonder if they'll ever have set Xmas teams like they do for Thanksgiving

Why would they do that? The league clearly hates being saddled with the Lions, to the extent that they added a  third Thanksgiving game where they have flexibility.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 26, 2024, 12:09:03 PM
Quote from: SD on March 26, 2024, 11:47:53 AMWonder if they'll ever have set Xmas teams like they do for Thanksgiving

Why would they do that? The league clearly hates being saddled with the Lions, to the extent that they added a  third Thanksgiving game where they have flexibility.

Rhetorical question I don't really give a shtein

MDS

the league will never lock in teams for christmas, theres been some talk of doing it for black friday but that means it would be the jets. sooo gonna say no there.

the 4 christmas teams will all play the prior saturday. i doubt the eagles are in this, but who the farg knows.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.