Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

they can trade for trout in 2-3 years if a bunch of things go right. most likely hes too good to trade and will hit the open market and get something like 5 bills
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 14, 2017, 11:13:57 AM
No way it happens and I realize he has 4 years left on his deal but I'd be all in on Trout. I would trade every prospect in the organization, JP, Moniak, Alfaro, Quinn...and who ever else the Angels want. The likelihood of those players panning out is looking grimmer and grimmer. Trout puts asses in the seats and is a player to build around.

so you wanna trade a bunch of middling prospects who dont look like they are gonna turn into anything for maybe the best baseball player ever?.....im IN
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Best baseball player ever?

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 14, 2017, 11:46:51 AM
Best baseball player ever?

obviously cant say that yet but hes headed in that direction....for his age who has had a better first five full seasons?

SD

I don't have the time to do that research. Maybe some nerdy baseball sabremetric stat geek could help me out. Know anyone like that?

ice grillin you

im not saying someone doesnt....griffey maybe?....pretty sure mantle was really good really young...but my point is there aint many

SD

I looked up Ted Williams (in my opinion the greatest hitter ever) who started playing at the age of 20...Trouts not even close

ice grillin you

im talking about modern era...when like black people played and stuff....ted williams could hit but he aint half the player trout is....he was a chain smoking sloth in the field....trout is robo cop

MDS

Quote from: SD on April 14, 2017, 01:16:02 PM
I looked up Ted Williams (in my opinion the greatest hitter ever) who started playing at the age of 20...Trouts not even close

ted williams also got his hits off of 35 year old white dudes throwing 85.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

You idiots are higher than farg if you're in here trashing Ted Williams. 

SD

Quote from: Rome on April 14, 2017, 02:15:38 PM
You idiots are higher than farg if you're in here trashing Ted Williams.

You mean the guy who won two triple crowns, was the last player to hit .400, and missed 5 years of his prime due to military service? Clearly he was a bum. Maybe once his head and body are unfrozen and reattached we can ask his opinion.

ice grillin you

he wasnt a bum he just doesnt count cause of when he played....great for his time...congrats you are a deserved HOF'er for your contributions....but cant possibly put him in the same conversation as a wille mays or mike trout

t dub is like the george mikan of baseball

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 14, 2017, 02:29:05 PM
he wasnt a bum he just doesnt count cause of when he played

This is such a dumb argument, especially considering players have been using steroids since the 70's. Does that mean the last 50 years don't count either?

MDS

you dont care about football players being hopped up on horse tranquilizer but baseball players shoveling drugs down their throat tarnishes the legacy of men who played a segregated game?

and ted williams was a world class icehole who was probably on whatever advantage he could get his hands on

smeags

oh this is going to be good.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it