Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 08, 2023, 05:26:13 PMHe has maybe two good years left, if that.  The MLS is a pasture league, but that's ok.  It will never be anything other that, but goddamn it's going to be cool to see him playing in America for however long he lasts. 

He's an icon and I was thrilled for him when he won the World Cup. 

yea he can dominate that league for a long time...he just played at a super high level in the pinnacle of football and had a great year in the top french league. mls is a monstrous step down.

the thought of messi having to play games in chester, pa is hysterical. hes one of the most famous people in the world. and he will be in chester!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Every home and away game featuring Inter is now sold out.  Messi effect indeed.   

MDS

gutter trash mexico losing dos a cero and going out dirty...pathetic footballing nation
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

holy crap....talk about leverage
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Weird how Mexicans are every bit as bigoted and ignorant as random white fargers in this hellscape of a country. 

My favorite part of their explanation as to why they continue using homophobic chants is that it's part of their "culture."   

Kinda like the Stars & Bars.

My advice would be to get an equal number of both sides and lock them in a stadium with no food or water and wait for the fun to begin.  Then televise it. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on June 16, 2023, 06:55:37 PMWeird how Mexicans are every bit as bigoted and ignorant as random white fargers in this hellscape of a country. 

My favorite part of their explanation as to why they continue using homophobic chants is that it's part of their "culture."   

Kinda like the Stars & Bars.

My advice would be to get an equal number of both sides and lock them in a stadium with no food or water and wait for the fun to begin.  Then televise it. 

Don Ho

I have Mexican American friends in So Cal and several close co-workers who are hispanic and all have said it is so bad. The Mexican culture hates gays, treat women like trash, very bigoted.  Sad shtein.

The soccer program is very close to being trrash too as they have nothing in the pipeline.  That was a disgrace on Thursday.  One of our assistant soccer coaches went and said Allegiant Stadium was 90% Mexican supporters who were getting all liquered up in the parking lot pre-kick off.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

World Cup roster is out:

Goalkeepers: Aubrey Kingsbury (Washington Spirit), Casey Murphy (North Carolina Courage), Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars).

Defenders: Alana Cook (OL Reign), Crystal Dunn (Portland Thorns), Emily Fox (North Carolina Courage), Naomi Girma (San Diego Wave), Sofia Huerta (OL Reign), Kelley O'Hara (Gotham FC), Emily Sonnett (OL Reign).

Midfielders: Savannah DeMelo (Racing Louisville), Julie Ertz (Angel City), Lindsey Horan (Olympique Lyon), Rose Lavelle (OL Reign), Kristie Mewis (Gotham FC), Ashley Sanchez (Washington Spirit), Andi Sullivan (Washington Spirit).

Forwards: Alex Morgan (San Diego Wave), Megan Rapinoe (OL Reign), Trinity Rodman (Washington Spirit), Sophia Smith (Portland Thorns), Alyssa Thompson (Angel City), Lynn Williams (Gotham FC).
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Not a good showing by the US tonight, eh?

PhillyPhreak54

Holy shtein! 113' and they tie it.

MDS

j, its their b team

keep those soccer takes coming

PhillyPhreak54

I don't know A or B but it's been a helluva 30 minutes of the good ol futbol

Don Ho

Panama?

Come on frauds!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

The USWNT was lucky to take a scoreless draw today.  About as lackluster and uncoordinated a display of soccer as I've ever seen from this team. 

If they think they're winning anything playing like they did today, they're out of their minds. 

Diomedes

Have I mentioned how great Rose Lavelle is?  She's GREAT.