Lane Johnson, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by QB Eagles, April 25, 2013, 08:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 20, 2016, 06:53:41 AM
that said I don't want him cut or anything...they have enough holes to fill in the next few years without needling two tackles

If he isn't on the field because of suspensions, then he isn't helping and needs to be replaced.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

and if you cut him he definitely wont be on the field
or he will be on the field
but for washington
across from trent williams eating the eagles for lunch
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Maybe this time he'll totally learn his lesson and not be a fargup!

Sgt PSN

He's suing the NFL & NFLPA.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1201802

Suing your own union is, um, interesting.

ice grillin you

two time druggie is suing people....precious

Diomedes

I wonder is Lane is one of those guys who likes to sue people.  You been around someone like that?  Terrible bores, all of them.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Yes. One of the cops in squaw's department is like that. I think I've known him for like 3 years now and during that time he's had at least a half dozen various lawsuits...including 1 against his own union. He's a pos cop and an even bigger pos person.

General_Failure

One one hand, he's got a point that the union isn't giving him accurate info regarding supplements. On the other hand, maybe stop taking shtein if you don't know what it is.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep.

It's always someone else's fault!

Rome

I actually agree with his stance.  If the players association isn't doing its due diligence with respect to supplements or isn't representing his interests, then he's perfectly within his right to sue their asses. 

Unions aren't infallible and let's face it... they're in bed with the NFL in ways that should make the rank & file more than a little suspicious of their motives. 

I can see the union wavering when guys are popped for beating the shtein out of their old ladies or whatever, or even when the members are doing illicit drugs like heroin or coke, but these are supposed to be performance enhancers that are legal and they're still getting suspended.

The hypocrisy in Goodell's NFL is staggering and the union is complicit in all of it.  It sold its membership down the river time and again and maybe Johnson going after them isn't such a bad thing after all.

PS: I agree he's a dumb Okie and he has to be responsible for what he ingests, but if he's taking shtein that is supposed to be approved only to find out later that it isn't, that's not really his fault. 

ice grillin you

what he took (twice) is not approved by the union or the league....and the union isnt a babysitter for what you ingest....so unless the union slipped him a peptide mickey this is just more excuses

if this was a cowboy or a washington youd be mocking the hell out of him

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 07, 2017, 06:58:57 AM
what he took (twice) is not approved by the union or the league....and the union isnt a babysitter for what you ingest....

They're not, but what he took was on their list of approved stuff.

Rome

Hence my support of Johnson in this case. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on January 07, 2017, 08:33:50 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 07, 2017, 06:58:57 AM
what he took (twice) is not approved by the union or the league....and the union isnt a babysitter for what you ingest....

They're not, but what he took was on their list of approved stuff.

no it wasnt....the thing he took might have been not the ingredients

but its an eagle so he must be right

General_Failure

The guy I think they should replace is right.