Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Ultimately we're looking at a .500 season. With all the changes they've made, there's still zero difference from the Kapler years in the final outcome. Maybe there's another year of this ahead but I can't help but think their next stop after this mediocre phase will be downward, not upward into contender status.

Geowhizzer

Should have never been hired.  I'm sure the next one will be just as bad, if not worse.

MacFail should go with him.

https://twitter.com/PhilliesNation/status/1309878428376748035

MDS

i dont think mcphail goes....hes a figure head really. everyone hates him and for good reason, but i dont see them going for a complete organizational restructure

just swapping out a gm for another one
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

MDS

the rays have 10 different guys who can throw 95+ and a lineup full of athletes with hoses and wheels

the phillies have gimpy andrew mccutchen
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Wheeler and Nola have come up small the last couple of weeks.

Again, just put me out of my misery so I can focus on the Eagles disappointing me for awhile...

MDS

there is a 100% chance the giants are losing and dragging this farce out one more stupid day

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on September 26, 2020, 09:11:24 PM
there is a 100% chance the giants are losing and dragging this farce out one more stupid day

Yeah, the Kapler effect.

ice grillin you

they are already out you pathetic fargs

white people remain the worst
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

they actually make it tomorrow if they win and the giants/brewers lose (editors note: the phillies will lose)

they should be thrown into the sun as an organization dont get me wrong but this thing is dragging on one more pathetic day

ice grillin you

i will watch neither the phillies or the eagles tommorow...mostly because of people like you

even in a real season im not sure i could do it but this year means less than nothing and i dont know how anyone can talk about sports with the election coming up...ive had two ulcers in the last five months...maybe because im old as shtein but i think its the stress of this election...i farging cant sleep...i drink 20 hrs a day...im a farging mess...so when i see you farging people talking about the phillies bullpen or your fake online bets it makes me wanna murder the world...its white privilege on steroids and its disgusting
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

*sends virtual hug to the big guy*

i donate my time and my money to biden...there is precious little to get me to stop thinking about the downfall of civilization and stupid football and the very stupid phillies are two of them.

PhillyPhreak54

If you don't have some sort of diversion from that stress you're gonna keel over. I've had to unplug from politics for the most part because the day to day insanity gets to me. Early voting for us starts on the 13th and I'm going to go do my part. And hope that everyone else does theirs.

I can't go onto FB without seeing political shtein from dumb people who haven't a clue. And if I didn't have to come back to PA for a funeral I'd be sitting at home with nothing to do but watch sports or gamble. Because I'm trying to do my part in staying home to not get sick or get others sick.

Don Ho

Thank God we've had descent surf the past few weeks as we have been on extended stay at home just lifted Wednesday - ocean sports allowed through the whole shtein show. 

Surfing almost daily so I don't have to think about:

A. Phillies
B. Klentak
C. The Bullpen
D. The Birds
E. Wentz
F.  LB's & Secondary
G. JJAW
H. Howie
I.  Sixers
J.  Jojo
K. Simmons
L. ALL POLITICIANS
M. Karen
N. Viruses
O. Hawaii's collapsing economy
P.  Wife now working out of home and sharing my office with me

So drowning, getting hit on the head by my board, getting run over by all the kooks in the water who have suddenly packed every surf spot in the state, wiping out on the reef, shark attacks, all seem like better alternatives.  Most importantly I have all of you providing me with some quality conversation, insightful observations, updates, and incredible laughs for three hours 16 - 20 days every fall and winter.

OH!  I took the 19 test two weeks ago, all good!  And that farging swab was a treat.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2020, 11:27:34 PM
i will watch neither the phillies or the eagles tommorow...mostly because of people like you

even in a real season im not sure i could do it but this year means less than nothing and i dont know how anyone can talk about sports with the election coming up...ive had two ulcers in the last five months...maybe because im old as shtein but i think its the stress of this election...i farging cant sleep...i drink 20 hrs a day...im a farging mess...so when i see you farging people talking about the phillies bullpen or your fake online bets it makes me wanna murder the world...its white privilege on steroids and its disgusting

Just an fyi stress and worry doesn't cause ulcers

https://health.usnews.com/conditions/articles/does-stress-cause-stomach-ulcers

If you haven't already go get an endoscopy. Those ulcers could be stomach cancer. In 2014 I didn't know what the farg was wrong with me so my gf at the time made me go to urgent care...doc recommended a Gastroenterologist nearby. They knock you the farg out then shove a scope down your throat. I had gastroenteritis and they thought possibly Barrets Esophagus (high chance that can turn into throat cancer). No ulcers. They put me on a bunch of stomach acid reducers which suck and cause other symptoms. Did some research...the real issue is we need stomach acid to break down food but as we get older our body doesn't produce enough digestive enzymes so it causes problems. Fixed all my stomach issues with a $10 monthly bottle of digestive enzyme supplements.

Agree with Todd and jay...we all need a distraction from this orange mess and the pandemic. If you're doing all you can (donated over $1k to Dems so far) that's all you can do. Win/lose November's going to be a mess so strap in and watch some sports for now because the real shteinshow hasn't even started.