Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

This could go here or in the Wentz thread but since Wentz basically cost Doug his job here ya go

McLane goes deep. Worth the read and it'll frustrate the hell out of you. Especially when you get to things like this

" In the quarterback room, when his errors were pointed out, Wentz would sometimes make irrelevant excuses and Taylor wouldn't correct him. For instance, there would be a play when he didn't throw to an open receiver. The read was drawn up as designed, the coverage played out as expected, and he would be asked why he didn't pull the trigger.
And Wentz would say the look wasn't there, or he would overemphasize the pass rush, and when it was suggested the play be run again in practice as to get it right, he would object."

Unreal.

" By the bye week, Wentz had been sacked an NFL-high of 32 times. A coaching analysis deemed the quarterback responsible for almost two-thirds. Around the break, one offensive lineman had gone to management and requested a switch to Hurts.
"Everyone believed Carson had no clue about when to get the ball out on time," a source said, "and as a result made his [O-line] look terrible in times they were playing fine."

Wonder who it was?

This doesn't make Doug seem much better on some things but it's obvious that Wentz is the main reason he was canned.

But wait there's more!

"Wentz dipping his eyes toward the rush early into his drop, but it had become all too apparent against the Packers.
Pederson made the call on his own, according to a source familiar with his thinking, without input from Lurie or Roseman. He said as much publicly and there was some skepticism. But after he was benched, Wentz went to the owner and GM to voice his frustration, a team source said."

Little Wentzie ran to Jeff and Howie.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/carson-wentz-eagles-regression-doug-pederson-press-taylor-howie-roseman-20210116.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

MDS

eagles do host the jags next year

kinda feel bad for trevor lawrence
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Thought it was the best match for Doug of all the teams with an opening. Mainly they need a guy who isn't cultural poison. Doug can do that.

General_Failure

I hope he does well there. At the very least, I hope he doesn't get hung up wanting to promote bad position coaches.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

You can quote me on this, Jags will make the playoffs within the next 2 seasons. Probably 2024.

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on February 04, 2022, 08:11:48 AM
You can quote me on this, Jags will make the playoffs within the next 2 seasons. Probably 2024.

quoting this hot take

press taylor coming back to doug....playoffs !
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

I have more love for Doug than any eagles coach in my life. Dumb football player guy who made some ballsy plays, many that were trash but just enough that worked out. 

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 04, 2022, 09:43:13 AM
Quote from: TAFKASD on February 04, 2022, 08:11:48 AM

quoting this hot take

press taylor coming back to doug....playoffs !

Will you admit he's a good coach if he takes a 3 win team to the playoffs within 2 seasons?

ice grillin you

id have to watch every jacksonville game to see but i cant believe hes going to go from basically incompetent to even good

like qb said he may be great for the locker room and a good "leader of men" cause he is a players coach but as far as between 1 and 4 o'clock hes a buffoon....he definitely will need some great coordinators...

even on the personality side of things i think the nice guy gomer pyle shtein wears thin rather quickly...it worked in philly cause they went from chip to him so the change was super tangible and the locker room loved him but then it gets to the point where you dont dislike him i think that would be impossible for someone to do but you lose respect for him and thats almost worse

i mean nick sirrianni made the playoffs in one year a year they were supposed to tank and im not sure if hes even a good coach or not but hes certainly better than doug

btw way its so eerily similar and im sure this went into jacksonvilles thought process in hiring him as to how he followed a disaster coach in terms of the locker room in philly and now hes doing the same down there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Guy out coaches Belicheck and out scores Brady with a backup qb in the Super Bowl but he's a buffoon? Name me another coach with as an impressive win in a Super bowl...or farg it any game for that matter. Which great coordinaters did he have? Reich (lol). Schwartz can't get another d coordinator job. You obviously have a personal vendetta against the man when you can't admit winning a Super Bowl and making the playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons is considered at least "good" by any measure.

PhillyPhreak54

If Shad Khan thought of Doug because he followed Chip The Disaster and he correlated that to following Urban I would be shocked. It is a very valid point though - Doug can come in and handle those situations.

His success will be tied to Baalke though. So hopefully they spend wisely and smartly for him to get the team he can win with

ice grillin you

Quote from: TAFKASD on February 04, 2022, 02:13:15 PM
Guy out coaches Belicheck and out scores Brady with a backup qb in the Super Bowl but he's a buffoon? Name me another coach with as an impressive win in a Super bowl...or farg it any game for that matter. Which great coordinaters did he have? Reich (lol). Schwartz can't get another d coordinator job. You obviously have a personal vendetta against the man when you can't admit winning a Super Bowl and making the playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons is considered at least "good" by any measure.

I watched him coach for four years....he's awful

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 04, 2022, 02:25:04 PM
If Shad Khan thought of Doug because he followed Chip The Disaster and he correlated that to following Urban I would be shocked. It is a very valid point though - Doug can come in and handle those situations.

His success will be tied to Baalke though. So hopefully they spend wisely and smartly for him to get the team he can win with

I mean I'm an idiot and it immediately jumped out to me...if a pro franchise didn't do enough homework on Doug to see it then they shouldn't be in the nfl doing this shtein as their profession.

It's literally the only reason to hire him

SD

Give me your list of good coaches. Active or within the last 5 years