Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I would love to see him as the next coach, other than Sumlin he would probably be my choice.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

SI.com is reporting that a deal for Mullen is close. Wonder if they are just going off the previous reports?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MDS

i know msu cant win in the sec but why does this guy want to clean up this mess
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

For right or wrong it still is an attractive job. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 30, 2011, 12:00:00 AM

i honestly dont see that big of a mess when it comes to the football program...unless some smoking gun comes out i dont see there being any sanctions and when mullen arrives there literally wont be a single person left on campus from the paterno era...nor will there be an executives left in the school administration

of course the penn state name will carry smudge for a while but i think from a football aspect the scandal is overrated...and really how much worse can the program get....since joining the big ten penn state has less conference titles than northwestern

they are never going to get a top level coach like urban meyer scandal or no scandal but right now i think its the perfect job for a second tier coach like mullen who wants a massive promotion and a challenge....in fact if a guy like mullen turned down the job because of the challenges perceived or real that the scandal presents then farg him hes a Hoyda and i wouldnt want him anyway

this may sound crazy but i think the job might actually be better now than if paterno rode off into the sunset on a white horse...it actually will be easier to take the job now because you will be following a scandal more than a legend...and even that legend is now is disgraced...the pressure will now be much lower and the leash much longer

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 30, 2011, 07:28:58 AM
Quote from: MDS on November 30, 2011, 12:00:00 AM

i honestly dont see that big of a mess when it comes to the football program...unless some smoking gun comes out i dont see there being any sanctions and when mullen arrives there literally wont be a single person left on campus from the paterno era...nor will there be an executives left in the school administration

of course the penn state name will carry smudge for a while but i think from a football aspect the scandal is overrated...and really how much worse can the program get....since joining the big ten penn state has less conference titles than northwestern

they are never going to get a top level coach like urban meyer scandal or no scandal but right now i think its the perfect job for a second tier coach like mullen who wants a massive promotion and a challenge....in fact if a guy like mullen turned down the job because of the challenges perceived or real that the scandal presents then farg him hes a Hoyda and i wouldnt want him anyway

this may sound crazy but i think the job might actually be better now than if paterno rode off into the sunset on a white horse...it actually will be easier to take the job now because you will be following a scandal more than a legend...and even that legend is now is disgraced...the pressure will now be much lower and the leash much longer

could be, but all anyone sees when penn st flashes on the screen or comes knocking on their door on a recruiting trip is jerry sandusky buttfarging a 10 year old
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

at worst they recruit the same level of talent as they have for the last 15 years but they have better coaching

MDS

so most likely they are going somewhere between the outback and alamo bowls

ice grillin you

time will tell because maybe im downplaying the effect that the scandal will have but that sounds about right for a floor...their ceiling should be the big ten title game every year with the hopes of winning it once a decade

phattymatty

i don't think it's going to affect the football program one bit...give or take a few players in the upcoming one to two years that made split second decisions and changed their minds, they weren't recruiting big time talent lately anyway. in fact i wouldn't be surprised if kids weren't coming to psu because of playing for a 100 year old coach.

the school in general is going to suffer a lot financially just because of the stigma but even that will go away. shtein, all this story took was the syracuse story for it to drop down in the news cycle.

MDS

they haven been natty title good since 1994 how in the hell is some msu reject gonna change that

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 30, 2011, 02:26:05 PM
they haven been natty title good since 1994 how in the hell is some msu reject gonna change that

lolol...who said one thing about winning a national championship...are you retarded

MDS