Stop calling me Tra!

Started by SwingOnThis, May 09, 2006, 07:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwingOnThis

:-D

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/teamRosterDetails.jsp?id=499

Acquired by Eagles: D1-98 (11th selection overall)

Originally joined NFL: Same as above

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has asked to be known as William Thomas from this point forward, rather than being known as "Tra."

Given the task of protecting QB Donovan McNabb's blindside, Thomas earned his third Pro Bowl selection in 2004 as the club's starting LT. At 6-foot-7, 349 pounds, Thomas has been a reliable and monstrous presence on the offensive line for the majority of his career, but suffered a lower back injury at NYG in 2005 (11/20) and was placed on IR five days later.

BIRDSEED

Pimp my ride William: William Thomas has always been fascinated with cars. About a year ago, he decided to go into business with StarMedia to develop a concept for a high-tech in-car entertainment system, which they have termed "I.C.E." The project has already begun within Thomas' very own F350 Ford Pickup. Thomas has a small touch screen embedded in the dashboard for playing CDs and movies, and also includes a navigational system. The brains of the operation, a 200 GB antishock hard drive, sits beneath the backseat of Thomas' truck and synchronizes wirelessly in his in-home system. This way, every CD and movie that Thomas has at his home in Medford, NJ, is available to him in his car.
"You really have to see the system and experience it to see what's going on with it," said Thomas. "Having your entire music library right there in your car -- it's neat. You can watch a movie. You can listen to your favorite music ... It's amazing what we can do."

StarMedia is still beta-testing the product and will install it for $3,000 for those people willing to help them perfect it. After that, the company expects to go to retail. Thomas said that in the meantime, he and his agent are looking for ways to promote the product, such as a spot on an MTV Show -- either "Pimp My Ride" or "MTV Cribs."

INJURY REPORT

Suffered a lower back injury at NYG (11/20) and was placed on IR on 11/25.
Thomas' career games played/started:

2005: GP/GS/IA/DNP: 10/10/0/0 Career: GP/GS/IA: 119/118/2 Playoffs: GP/GS: 12/12

Susquehanna Birder

I guess he didn't want to be confused with the other William Thomas before now?

Somebody needs to fix the wallpaper they have linked there...

henchmanUK

"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Zanshin

Sure, why not just go ahead and change your name right before injuries force you retire.

Geowhizzer

You going to argue with a 6'7", 335 pound guy that tells you to call him William?

Me neither.   :paranoid

ice grillin you

tra tra tra tra tra tra tra tra tra tra tra tra tra tra TRAAAAAAAAAAA!!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 09, 2006, 08:14:04 AM
You going to argue with a 6'7", 335 pound guy that tells you to call him William?

:-D :-D :-D

I will.  :D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Come on... this has to be a hoax.

:-D

:paranoid

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 09, 2006, 09:19:55 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 09, 2006, 08:14:04 AM

:-D :-D :-D

I will.  :D

If anybody was to do it, a 5'  woman would be the best bet.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

rjs246

Athletes are farging idiots.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

Quote from: rjs246 on May 09, 2006, 09:43:44 AM
Athletes are farging idiots.

i would've went with humans.  but whatever.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

there will only be one william thomas in my heart.  and it's not this guy.

MURP

Quote from: phattymatty on May 09, 2006, 12:07:44 PM

amen

Rome

Quote from: phattymatty on May 09, 2006, 12:07:44 PM

Homo?