A Tale Of Two Reporters (Eckel vs. Narducci)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 02, 2005, 08:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

As we all know, Mark Eckel has an irrational hatred for this team. He makes no bones about it but tries to deny that he has a hidden agenda while on the airwaves on WIP.

I present you two different accounts of last night's game:

QuoteThat was not a good sign for a team that believes it has depth on its defensive line.

If depth means a lot of players, the Eagles have it. If it means good players, that was in doubt last night.

Backup tackles Sam Rayburn and Paul Grasmanis were consistently blown off the ball by an average Jets offensive line. The backup linebackers and backup secondary players didn't establish themselves much, either

Let's see...Eckel has been ripping the Birds for letting Simon go all week. He even openly wished on air that Simon went to Baltimore for the same amount of money offered in April so the Eagles got screwed on draft picks.

So he makes a point to say that the DL was terrible and that Sam Rayburn played bad. But Rayburn is returning to the field for the first time in a month.

And now Marc Narduci from the Inquirer:

QuoteEven though Rayburn's evening was limited to a little more than a quarter, he passed the test - even if it came against watered-down competition.

Rayburn wore a bulky brace on the elbow, but it didn't appear to hinder him. A few times, he was double-teamed and still was able to make big plays. On one, late in the first quarter, he threw Jets fullback B.J. Askew for a 3-yard loss

So Eckel The Naysayer says that Rayburn was blown off the LOS while Narducci paints an totally different picture. Were these guys watching the same game? Obviously someone has an agenda here and it's Ms. Kevin Johnson. I wouldn't even bring this up if they'd been close on the accounts - but they are night and day different!

The DL as a whole did not play well. The entire team stunk last night. I'm not saying they played good, but jeez.

Simon missed everything football related since February. I suppose he would've came in and played perfectly, right Mark?

Rayburn has a hyperextended elbow, makes some plays and gets ripped. I don't get it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mark Eckel wants him some of that Simon ghetto booty.

PhillyGirl

Yes, he does. Heap on top of that, that he hates Reid for the incident a few years back, and you've got yourself one "writer" with an agenda.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

what was the original thing that led to AR destroying Eckel in front of everybody?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

T_Section224

i can't even stomach listening to eckel when he's on wip let alone read something he writes.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 02, 2005, 08:42:23 AM
what was the original thing that led to AR destroying Eckel in front of everybody?

Probably something so small that only Eckel would make a big deal about it. All I know (and I know personally from the times I've had dinner with Eckel and Roob) is that he really hates Andy.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 02, 2005, 08:42:23 AM

I think his cellphone went off one time and Andy said "turn that thing off" and ever since Eckel has had a chub for blasting Andy.

Mad-Lad

I think Andy made Eckel push blocking sleds on live television to show him up.

SunMo

i thought Eckel had written something early in AR's 1st year and AR made an example out of him, almost the same way he did with Hegamins

PhillyPhreak54

Could be right, Sun. I was in Texas then so I didn't catch much news then. But I know his cell went off one time (think it was Eckel) and AR yelled at the person.

MURP

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 02, 2005, 09:28:25 AM
Could be right, Sun. I was in Texas then so I didn't catch much news then. But I know his cell went off one time (think it was Eckel) and AR yelled at the person.

i think that was Spads after they got blown out by the Colts

Beermonkey

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 02, 2005, 09:25:23 AM
i thought Eckel had written something early in AR's 1st year and AR made an example out of him, almost the same way he did with Hegamins

Missanelli has a boner for Reid because he did that to Hegamins & brought that up the other day on his show. I forget what Hegamins did that caused it..anyone?

He also went on a jag about Reid being a controlling & arrogant prick. My question is, why the frig should I care if Reid is a fleshpop to certain members of the media? How does that affect me as a fan?

Guys like him & Eckel just come off like spurned girlfriends when they go off on those rants.

PhillyPhreak54

From NJ.com:

QuoteBack in 1999, the offensive lineman lost his starting job in a morning practice and went home to New Jersey while skipping an afternoon session to show his displeasure.

Hegamin was forced to show his contrition by pushing a blocking sled 100 yards in humiliating fashion following a morning practice. He kept falling down in the summer heat, as Reid stood over him yelling, "Get up, George, get up."

Then Hegamin was cut from the squad a few days later.

:-D STill funny 6 years later

PhillyPhreak54

Reid also cut Bill Johnson (DT) after he was laughing and goofing off on a flight home in 1999.

Hugh Douglas did an interview awhile back and talked about Johnson and Hegamin and said that Andy had to do that to earn respect.

F Mike Miss and his whining ways.

NFL coaches, every last one of them, are egomaniacs.