Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I suggested chicken n waffles but was brutally rebuffed.

He's dead to me now.

paco

Quote from: Rome on December 20, 2011, 12:48:53 PM
Paco was in DC and went to Ruth's Chris for dinner.

MOCK!
Yes, because in my 2 years working in DC, that is the ONLY resturant I have visited.  Jackass.

And yes, the steak and lobster was delicious.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Fun fact: The reason many expensive restaurants become expensive chain restaurants is often because they're pretty good.

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on December 22, 2011, 09:53:45 AM
Fun fact: The reason many expensive restaurants become expensive chain restaurants is often because they're pretty good.

and the reason they usually arent even in the top 20 restaurants in a city is because they turned into a chain

btw i got four restuarant.com coupons today and one of them i got for a dollar....first time ive ever seen that and i cant figure out why this particular one was different

PoopyfaceMcGee

I used a restaurant.com coupon last night. The meal was just OK, of course. The really good places aren't on restaurant.com.

ice grillin you

generally thats true....but i have two places within three miles of me that are really good spots...not really good as in four star shtein but really good as in bar food and mexican....and the bar food spot includes alcohol in the coupon

i also have one for one of the best restaurants in DC which i couldnt believe when i saw simply because as you said really good places dont usually lower themselves to rest.com...its a great one too...spend 200 (which is easy to do) and get a 100 off...also includes alcohol and they have one of the best mixologists in the city

BigEd76

dunno if FF is familiar with the place but I had lunch at The Saloon of Newtown the other day.  The vodka rigatoni was pretty good and they didn't skimp out on the prosciutto

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 22, 2011, 03:58:56 PM
generally thats true....but i have two places within three miles of me that are really good spots...not really good as in four star shtein but really good as in bar food and mexican....and the bar food spot includes alcohol in the coupon

i also have one for one of the best restaurants in DC which i couldnt believe when i saw simply because as you said really good places dont usually lower themselves to rest.com...its a great one too...spend 200 (which is easy to do) and get a 100 off...also includes alcohol and they have one of the best mixologists in the city

Yeah, this place I went to includes alcohol too. Only reason it's worth it.

Quote from: BigEd76 on December 22, 2011, 04:14:29 PM
dunno if FF is familiar with the place but I had lunch at The Saloon of Newtown the other day.  The vodka rigatoni was pretty good and they didn't skimp out on the prosciutto

Never heard of it. What's the address? Probably used to be called something else.

BigEd76

It's on Sycamore St, across from the old Acme, about a block away from The Green Parrot.  It's another of the old houses in that area that was converted to a restaurant.  They have burgers, sandwiches, soups, pasta and seafood....the usual...

SunMo

went to McNally's in Chestnut Hill on Saturday and had a real schmitter.  cool place
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

SunMo

marilyn hagerty certainly appears to be on the cutting edge of the culinary scene of grand forks
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i give her credit for just being able to formulate a sentence in her 100's

theres so many amazing quotables in that review that i dont even know where to begin...what i do know is that i will be reading her archives