Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 26, 2011, 09:24:50 PM
I'm the first to admit I'm a picky, whiny little bitch when it comes to food, especially pizza.

These bastiches killed it.  I still can't believe how good it was.

you cant be that picky about it if you ordered a pizza with 14 toppings on it one of them being chicken

specialty pizzas suck and only serve to cover up a zesty pie
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

theres a real good pizza joint right off post which I used to go to twice a week. havent been in a while, and just went and I think theyve replaced their once awesome cheese and sauce with a much lesser quality brand.

that place went from a 9 to about a 5 on the pizza 10 scale. 

ice grillin you

dh you ever have a reason to go to new paltz

DH

ive been a few times on meetings...went to a pretty good sports bar on main street called p&g's

ice grillin you

Quote from: DH on July 27, 2011, 01:33:30 PM
ive been a few times on meetings...went to a pretty good sports bar on main street called p&g's

seems like a cool little college town.....yes?

i will be living there for a week in august while i am on training

DH

its a quaint little place..mom and pop shops along main street. from what i remember from what a client told me (who lives there), the bar scene is pretty college once the school year starts.

check out p&g's - aside from all the yankees shtein hanging, the waitresses were sexy and food even better.

ice grillin you

definitely will...in fact im sure by the end of the week there wont be a restaurant or bar in town that i havent visited...what the farg else am i gonna do

Dillen

New Paltz is pretty much a college town, yeah. During the semester probably 1/3 of the entire population is from SUNY. My buddy's girlfriend is from NP and whenever they visit each other she always comes to him because there's not much to do there.

DH

ice grillin you

i have a house in far upstate ny so im going up the thruway a few times a year and twice on the way up ive taken in an army football game...i went up last year during peak foilage season....it was awesome along the river

lurking wierdo

Restaurant-wise, as some of you seem to be foodies, a pilgrimage to Charleston, SC would be in order. I am a Northeast guy who loves the restaurants in NYC and Philly but Charleston is up there with New Orleans.

ice grillin you

its not even close to being on a level with new orleans.....its more in line with savannah and probably not even as good as that

lurking wierdo

Have you been to Charleston, because I have been to Savannah, alot. I have also been to New Orleans, alot. Charleston is way up there in terms of quality. There may not be the quantity of great places yet, but it is surprising how many there are in a city so small.

Don Ho

Been to New Orleans numerous times for business (all before Katrina) and have had some incredible meals there. Wife and I ate at NoLa some 16 years ago.  At the time we had no idea who Emeril Lagasse was.  Oh man was it good.  Great ambiance and service.  We really enjoyed it.  I see now Emeril's empire has grown.  He has restaurant's in Bethlehem, PA?  Are they any good? 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i havent been but they cant possibly be good