Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: Don Ho on March 15, 2011, 07:18:18 PM
I could imagine.  I have heard of Katz's.  Isn't it a little more off the beaten path than the Carnagie Deli?

I'll be bombarding you guys for recommendations on where to get the best Cheese Steak next time in Philadelphia.  When we were there in 07 lot of the locals sent us to Jim's.  From what I understand some of the best Cheese Steak joints aren't even in the city.

jim's i's definitely better than pats & geno's. also try steve's in the northeast - they have one at comly and roosevelt blvd. another one further up rt 1 in langhorne as well as one off buselton ave. delasandros on ridge ave in roxborough is also great.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

How are you not dead?

Edit - talking to Havas there.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 25, 2011, 06:02:54 PM
How are you not dead?

Edit - talking to Havas there.

i have no idea.....i am destroyed beyond believe right now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Don Ho

Beer in 32 oz Styrofoam cups starting at 8:45 AM.  You're allowed to make all the grammar miscues you like.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

DH

shocking that a place that charges $5 for a zesty slice would have to file

ice grillin you

the one in times square seemed to be doing pretty good last week when i was there

DH

no amount of overpriced pizza will ever be enough to pay the rent that they have to pay for that building

Sgt PSN

Not to mention that it's Times freaking Square.  Plenty of tourists who probably don't know the difference between that slop and real pizza. 

ice grillin you

charlie

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 05, 2011, 04:02:29 PM
Not to mention that it's Times freaking Square.  Plenty of tourists who probably don't know the difference between that slop and real pizza. 

I would guess that the company going bankrupt is a pretty good sign that the general consensus is that it is not good pizza.

I dont think i've eaten it since i used to hang out in the mall doing nothing as a teenager.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 05, 2011, 04:05:27 PM
MA references are basically Jeff Foxworthy jokes

Munson

There's a Sbarro in the mall here but I have no idea how they do any business because there's a non-chain pizza joint at the other end of the ball that's farging delicious
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Munson on April 05, 2011, 04:42:10 PM
There's a Sbarro in the mall here

REALLY?!?!  IN THE MALL!?!?!

but I have no idea how they do any business because there's a non-chain pizza joint at the other end of the ball that's farging delicious

They probably don't do business.  You know, filing for chapter 11 and all. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

I've eaten here before but forgot how good it was. Just got a simple 1/4 lb burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, and slaw. Just really fresh and pretty much perfect all around. Tomatoes were sliced just right and were actually high quality. Legit.