Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

For you chain steakhouse connoisseurs that have been out west (sorry igs), how do these places compare to Black Angus?

PhillyPhreak54

Would Stringer Bell and Avon Barksdale dine in Ruth's Chris? That's the question we must answer.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 24, 2010, 03:20:16 PM
Would Stringer Bell and Avon Barksdale dine in Ruth's Chris? That's the question we must answer.

Stringer def. would, but not Avon.  He eats lake trout from the corner greasehole.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Unless you've been to Peter Luger in Brooklyn you haven't had the best steak in the world.  Anyone who's been there can pretty much vouch for me on that.  Hell, the sides are even the best things I've ever had of their kind.

But Ruth's Chris is farging excellent on its own merits, or at least, the ones I've been to have been excellent.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I saw Peter Luger on Man v Food and it made me horny.

Munson

We always have a bottle of Peter Lugar steak sauce in the fridge. Steak sauce isn't my thing, but good stuff
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

lugars is great but didnt live up to the hype for me....the atmosphere > food....but that is often the case with steakhouses
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

A Jake's Wayback Burgers just opened up near my office.  Hit?

Seabiscuit36

Its not as good as 5 Guys.  They started in Delaware as Jakes Burgers and to expand they realized that they needed a nice store/setup rather than a zesty burger joint that was painted blue and run down.  Used to be the shtein, until 5 Guys blew them out of the water.  They do have one thing that 5 guys doesn't, Shakes. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Tried it for lunch.  Really good burger - kind of a cross between a Five Guys and a fast food burger, but not in a bad way.  Enjoyed the Black & White shake a lot.

Seabiscuit36

Their burgers are more fatty than 5 guys, and the bun is a glazed nice fast food bun.  The shakes are what separate them. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i am being forced to go to damons tonight for dinner...yay middle america and watered down bottles of liquor
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Damons was cool, back in 95 or whenever.  I cant believe they're still around. 

paco

Had drinks at The DC Redline last night.  I want to buy a share of this business, its going to make a killing.

The business plan is smart but simple
* while upscale, its technically a sports bar with lots of big screens, keeping people glued to their seats for hours during games.
* Tables have beer taps built into them, allowing people to pour mass amounts of alcohol for themselves.
* The beer is on the pricy side, but since you are charged by the ounce, you easily lose track of how big your bar tab is (.55 an ounce, .45 for the cheap domestic stuff)

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.