Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

i always get the fajita burrito which isn't even on the menu anymore, but they'll give you fajita onions and peppers, and i get no rice.  not as filling and tastes better. and pork. boom.

SunMo

going to Ruth's Chris tonight for dinner.  first time there...pretty pumped.

i now await everyone telling me why it sucks and i'm an awful person for going. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on December 23, 2010, 12:06:59 PM
going to Ruth's Chris tonight for dinner.  first time there...pretty pumped.

i now await everyone telling me why it sucks and i'm an awful person for going. 

Happy Birthday, man.

Rome

ruth's chris has great food.  enjoy, sunny.

MMH

The steak is as good as you'll get at any steak house.  It's just nothing special (i.e. not very original).
My real problem with Ruth Chris is the excess.  Everything is in enormous portions that no normal human (maybe IGY) could eat.  And it costs a fortune.  I'd rather go to a smaller steakhouse with more reasonable portions that was more unique.

PoopyfaceMcGee

pretty sure Sunny can handle the large portions

reese125

Id rather pay a lot for excess than pay a lot for 4 fork fulls and bitching the whole car ride home no?

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MMH on December 23, 2010, 02:01:58 PM
The steak is as good as you'll get at any steak house.

havent been to many steakhouses have you?...altho dont you live in chicago?...so you must have

its as good a steak as youll get in a chain restaurant that you can find located in or near malls and id eat there if someone i knew was...but ive had at least 10 steaks better and i dont even go to steakhouses a lot

its borderline MA but its a perfectly fine place and has good steaks.....but lets not say its the best steak in the country or even close

Quote from: reese125 on December 23, 2010, 02:09:37 PM
Id rather pay a lot for excess than pay a lot for 4 fork fulls and bitching the whole car ride home no?

id rather pay a lot for great food
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i have a $100 gift card, so you can all suck it.

(except the ones who said nice things to me)
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i feel like my critique of ruth and chris is going to be taken as a negative...its a fine establishment...i just take umbrage at someone calling it the best steak in the country or even close....its like the mcormick and schmidts of steak places...which is a good thing but at the same time i would never in my life call m&s as good as any safood ive ever had

i mean they sell discount coupons to r&c at price club for god sakes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MMH

I've eaten at plenty of steakhouses.  RC is way better than Morton's (which is awful).  For the most part, I'm just not that excited about steak, which is something I can make at home almost as well, for high price.

Charlie Trotter's has a "taster's menu", 8 courses.  Each course was maybe 5 bites, but was stuff you couldn't likely get anywhere else.  And after 8 courses, it was enough food (not stuffed sated, but full).

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ruth's Chris is a fine establishment and Jon should be thrilled to be feasting on its cuisine.