Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: phattymatty on November 24, 2010, 01:02:24 PM
only thing good at mcdonalds is that sausage and egg mcmuffin. amazing hangover food.

unless you get one coated with salmonella.  i threw up for two fargin days after eating two of them.  i thought my balls were going to shoot through my nose at one point.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 24, 2010, 01:25:41 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 24, 2010, 01:08:06 PM
double cheeseburger used to be on the dollar menu then they made it 1.19 and the dollar menu now has something called a mccheese or some shtein like that for a buck....the only difference is that the double cheeseburger has two slices of cheese compared to one

its def worth the .19 cents

the hamburger is more because almost no one gets it and the people that do are getting it no matter what and will pay the extra....in other words no one is going into the order with the intent of getting a hamburger and then when they see a cheeseburger for cheaper decide to get one

The McDouble replaced the double cheeseburger on the dollar menu

Why wouldn't the lactose intolerant hamburger lover just order a McDouble or whatever with no cheese?

well they might but mcdonalds despises having to make stuff to order...plus most people dont go off the menu...most dont think about it and/or dont think its allowed and the ones that have done it or know of it know that it no longer becomes fast food when you go off the map like that because mcdonalds will purposely take forever to make it...lot of times they will even tell you to pull over into an empty parking spot and have someone run your order out to you when its ready
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 24, 2010, 07:28:05 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on November 24, 2010, 01:25:41 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 24, 2010, 01:08:06 PM
double cheeseburger used to be on the dollar menu then they made it 1.19 and the dollar menu now has something called a mccheese or some shtein like that for a buck....the only difference is that the double cheeseburger has two slices of cheese compared to one

its def worth the .19 cents

the hamburger is more because almost no one gets it and the people that do are getting it no matter what and will pay the extra....in other words no one is going into the order with the intent of getting a hamburger and then when they see a cheeseburger for cheaper decide to get one

The McDouble replaced the double cheeseburger on the dollar menu

Why wouldn't the lactose intolerant hamburger lover just order a McDouble or whatever with no cheese?

well they might but mcdonalds despises having to make stuff to order...plus most people dont go off the menu...most dont think about it and/or dont think its allowed and the ones that have done it or know of it know that it no longer becomes fast food when you go off the map like that because mcdonalds will purposely take forever to make it...lot of times they will even tell you to pull over into an empty parking spot and have someone run your order out to you when its ready

Completely false.  I never get onions on my burgers, my squaw never gets lettuce on her McChicken (which is really good) and we've never once had to pull off and wait.   

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

I forgot, you're the only one who can speak in generalizations and it's still absolute.  My bad. 

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Munson on November 24, 2010, 05:28:32 PM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 23, 2010, 12:50:47 PM
Quote from: Munson on November 22, 2010, 08:47:53 PM
Food's def good there.

I also was not completely enamored with the beer sampler. I think I liked one out of the 5 they let me try.

The first beer on the sampler was something out of the Michelob Ultra recipe book. Pretty nasty.

Of course, it doesn't help that I was drinking this on Sunday:

How was that? looking to try that one sometime
I tried their "Chateu Jiatau" or whatever it's called last night, and was not a fan. Tasted like a watered down version of the 120 in terms of taste, but same amount of bitterness.

The kid got a bottle of that the other night. We haven't tried it yet, but thanks for the advance warning.

The Bitches Brew was pretty awesome. The dark stout blended with the Ethiopian tej. The honey flavor comes through and offsets the stout rather nicely. When we poured it at the tailgate, we joked that it looked like used motor oil. Thick and dark, but it is quite drinkable.

Munson

Yeah, if you like hoppy beer you'll enjoy the Chateu...but to me it just tasted like the hops of the 120 without the malt to balance it out. Didn't hate it, but not my favorite.

Def gotta try and find the Bitches Brew. Total Wine's where I usually go but I have not seen it there yet. The way you describe it sounds awesome though. I tend to love dark beers that don't taste as dark as they look. If you can find it anywhere, try and get your hands on a beer called Bavarian Barbarian.  I've only ever had it at Firewaters, it looks like a dark stout but tastes nothing like one.

120's supposed to ship into Total Wine on the 30th, can't farging wait.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

just go to Atlantic Liquors sometime Munson.  They have a ridiculous stockpile, but its at the beach.  The other option is hit up Stateline off Elkton Road, they had Bitches Brew last time i was there. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Yeah I hear a lot about Stateline but have never made my way over there. Gonna have to check it out now though one of these weekends, as I'm always in Newark.

Atlantic Liquors is where me and my group have stockpiled our booze for our week in Dewey the last few years. Love that place :yay
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 25, 2010, 12:05:39 AM
I forgot, you're the only one who can speak in generalizations and it's still absolute.  My bad. 

its all good just dont let it happen again

SD

Ate at Tuscana after my graduation yesterday. Wasn't bad.

SD

I haven't had good Mexican food since I left San Diego. Well they opened a Chipotle up a few miles away. Gave it a try today, thumbs down. Their burritos are 90% bland rice.

MMH

Ate dinner at Charlie Trotter's in Chitown for our 10th anniversary over the weekend.  Hands down the best meal I ever had.
Damn well better be, considering what it cost!

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on December 22, 2010, 06:09:03 PM
I haven't had good Mexican food since I left San Diego. Well they opened a Chipotle up a few miles away. Gave it a try today, thumbs down. Their burritos are 90% bland rice.

i only have ever gotten the chicken burrito and i enjoy them for what they are but they are crazy bland....you have to get the hot salsa on them or theres no point...their guac that comes with chips and guac is suprisingly good

SD

yeah I always do the hot sauce and you're 100% accurate on their chips and guac...amazing.