Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

And exist in heavy doses when you work at a restaurant.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

yes, and whipits, and unlimited draft beers.  I always had to open up Saturdays, would stay up till 6am, had to open by 730am to get the food prepared for the day.  Dogfish head Shelter Pale Ale for breakfast was a good remedy.  I'd say at any given time the Waiters were on something or it was still in the system.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

SD

you ever want some dynamite farging wings go to Currans on route 13, Wednesday nights are .35 wing nights and they're phenomenal.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They have any hot waitresses who would let you draw a map of Hawaii and never call again?

DH

I'm heading down to DC/Virginia tomorrow for a few days..I'll have one night free to eat wherever the hell I please.

I dont feel like reading through this whole thread, so DC people don't let me down. Where to go?

rjs246

What are you looking for? I can tell you what I enjoyed 6 years ago...

Let them eat bootstraps.

DH

Something dead. Formerly a cow, preferably. Maybe a BBQ joint?

Definitely somewhere with beer. And scotch. Yea, beer and scotch is a must.

rjs246

You know, in all my time there I never really found a BBQ joint that I loved. There is supposed to be one super-famous place downtown with awesome BBQ, but I've never been there.

So there you go. Once again this thread (and I) prove to be utterly worthless.

Let them eat bootstraps.

DH

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Alright I'll try to be helpful...

I'm most familiar with Arlington, so I'll stick with that.

Sandwiches: The Italian Store
Sandwiches and tons of Beer: Lost Dog Cafe
Really Good Lebanese: Lebanese Taverna
Really Good Pan-Asian with yuppy happy hour: Cafe Asia
Steak: Ray's the Steaks (never been there but heard great things)
Burger: Hell Burger (the President eats there a lot)

Amazing Burgers and all you can drink Bloody Marys on Saturdays and Sundays: Sign of the Whale (M Street downtown, right next to Camelot strip club)

There.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhanInDC

Ben's Chilli Bowl ftw.

Also, if you have time and the coin, J&G Steakhouse is pretty damn good. Are you going to be in the city or in the 'Burbs somewhere?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

paco

Quote from: Die-Hard on July 20, 2010, 09:14:43 AM
Something dead. Formerly a cow, preferably. Maybe a BBQ joint?

Definitely somewhere with beer. And scotch. Yea, beer and scotch is a must.

If you are downtown, try the DC Chophouse and Brewery.  Delicious dead cow.  Beer. 

A bit pricey (which is what you want, right?), and the food is freaking awesome.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.