Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Two good recs in Charlottesville, VA this weekend. On Friday I ate at Wild Wing Cafe. Like the name says, they do wings galore, but they also have other stuff, like burgers, wraps, and salads. Really good food, excellent service, and not a bad place to watch the Bruins leave the ice for the final time this year.

On Saturday, we went to a steak house called "Downtown Grille." The place is something of a Ruth's Chris joint, where you pay for a really good steak, and then you add on big servings of family style side dishes. I got a filet mignon and scallop special, and it was out of this world. Of course, the bill was a little steep, but hey...I was on vacation.

rjs246

Charlottesville has a bunch of good restaurants, or at least it did 10 years ago when I was there regularly. I live like 45 miles from there now. You should have called. Butthole.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

so, naBrasa was phenomenal.  the salad bar was really good with lots of choices in soups, cheeses, and different cold salads.  i kept that small though and as soon as I sat down the meat started showing up.  everything was great.  the beef rib, parmesan pork, salmon, and filet were my favorite.   left there ready to puke, which somebody already did about 5 spots away from my car.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

Quote from: Diomedes on May 15, 2010, 08:20:40 AM
I went to Fogo de Chao a while ago and every little piece of meat I ate was great.   I'd take that place over a Ruths Chris any day.

agreed and nabrasa is awesome.

brazillian steakhouses are def better than a place like ruths chris or sullivans. they're pretty damn good don't get me wrong but nabrasa is better you'll probably pay less than the top tier steakhouses. 
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

if you think assembly line meat is better than a top notch steak or prime rib then you probably like applebees
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

As mentioned in the Flyers thread I ate at the Capital Grille lastnight, food was fantastic.

Best steak I ever had was this place inside the Radisson Hotel in Philly called the 'Prime Rib'. I had their prime rib and it was the best $45 I ever spent.

Seabiscuit36

I love heading down to the local butcher Hermans.  Amazing cuts, and they're price pretty good.  They supply all the nice restaurants in the area.  Traveling in AZ, they had a Omaha Steakhouse there at the hotel, pretty good.  Plus being on company coin after a 2.5 hour open bar each night, definitely raised it a few notches. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

the prime rib is phenominal....perfect example of a place that just murders assembly line meat factories...id go there more often if they didnt require a tie and jacket

ice grillin you

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: rjs246 on May 17, 2010, 09:57:29 AM
Charlottesville has a bunch of good restaurants, or at least it did 10 years ago when I was there regularly. I live like 45 miles from there now. You should have called. Butthole.

Hey, I was with proper company. Maybe next time.

(Actually, I'm taking about bringing my son down for some brewery tours. Maybe I can redeem myself then.)

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2010, 10:38:49 AM
if you think assembly line meat is better than a top notch steak or prime rib then you probably like applebees

I gotta agree. The meat at places like Fogo is very good, but no way does it compare to a good, aged steak cooked to order.

shorebird

Aged Black Angus. mmm! A place called Annies Steak House has it in my area.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on May 17, 2010, 02:54:16 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2010, 10:38:49 AM

I gotta agree. The meat at places like Fogo is very good, but no way does it compare to a good, aged steak cooked to order.

exactly...one is good...and the other is outstanding....but one is all you can eat and in the last i dont know 25 years quantity of food has overtaken quality of food in america

BigEd76

Tried this place last month but I think they're only out west.  Good stuff, and they had a decent-sized bar off to the side...

The BIGSTUD

I found this little pizza joint around me. Small place, not a chain. I actually forget the name, but they have the best food of any small pizza joint I tried in a while. No fried food, everything is fresh and homemade. I got a meatball stromboli and it was fantastic.

Great tomato pies too. I love finding little pizza joints.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.