Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Ha! You must have had the serious munchies.

Embers restaurant is pretty good also. They have an all you can eat seafood and prime rib buffet for 30 bucks. shtein is hittin'.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on May 09, 2010, 01:34:23 PM
oh I don't know.  i don't mind it off-season.
thats the best time, i cant stand driving there in the summer.  By boat its a fun ride, but i dont like going to a beach that is a city, doesnt make sense to me.  Thrashers is the shtein.  Cover them in old bay and vinegar mmmmm
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

I used to go to O.C. for my birthday weekend every year.  It's late April so it was technically offseason but it was still usually warm & nice.  Great food, cool bars & fairly cheap hotels... what's not to like?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on May 09, 2010, 01:54:17 PM
when I was in college I knew a guy who had a plane.  we flew from that small airport on 50 west of Annapolis to Ocean City just for fries.  at one point, he let me fly for a while.  I did not like that at all.  Fries were great.

Dio - 1
Corey Lidle - 0

SD

Rome

we ate at five guys for lunch today.  good stuff as always.  my wife got the regular (not junior) cheeseburger with lettuce & tomato.  i tried to tell her the regular was huge but she didn't believe me.  she ended up only eating half.  my daughter dug the place too.

Sgt PSN

Go to Mikey D's.  Then get back to us. 

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 09, 2010, 03:53:51 PM
Go to Mikey D's.  Then get back to us. 

I'm not familiar with this Mikey D's.  Say more.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Diomedes

Oh, is that what the kids are calling it these days?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 09, 2010, 02:49:58 PM
I used to go to O.C. for my birthday weekend every year.  It's late April so it was technically offseason but it was still usually warm & nice.  Great food, cool bars & fairly cheap hotels... what's not to like?

pennsyltuckians everywhere

i love ocean city but i can see how people would despise it...its a dirty awful rednecky place...but it also has tons of cool bars offseason is cheap as hell and the people watching is unparalleled
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 09, 2010, 10:32:27 AM
you live in Laurel?  Bunch of rednecks all around there. 

This.

Good god what a terrible place. We had to bus down there for a playoff game my senior year....it was like driving into Kansas. Or texas, cause people were actually tailgating on their front lawns for the game. Some old dude walked by as we were getting off the bus and said "ya'll boys is gonna get a butt whoopin." No I'm not making that up.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

LBIggle

some people have been ranting and raving about texas roadhouse.   i now know it will be ok to terminate their breathing privileges.  not terrible for the price.. but certainly not worth going on about like some of these people were.

Zanshin

Got some grub at a Maggiano's yesterday. Meh. Food was pretty generic and fairly overpriced.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's why you get family style there.  You eat so much of it that it doesn't matter how good it was or wasn't.