Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 07, 2010, 10:26:10 PM
i have laugh at the non stop middle american responses to the best burger contest

for god sakes go to a real restaurant and pay some money for an actual hamburger

the best ive ever had is at palena in dc

dont expect anyone here to know what im talking about.....but its a legit top 3 burger in the country...however just find an equivalent spot near your crib that isnt a fuddruckers wannabee
Bayard House FTW.  Did you and the wifey ever check it out?  Wednesday nights are half priced burgers so you're down to 7 bucks then.  farging banging They're 10 oz of local grown angus, its ridiculous.  No filler.  Highly recommended.  Went there for my birthday for the Wingys, 10 hot wings is 5 bucks, and they're off the hook.  They fry really good quality wings first, then put their sauce on .  Thursday's are great too, the oysters are really good, and i normally get them to drizzle some hotsauce and blue cheese crumblings over them. 
QuoteBayard House Bar Specials Menu   Print Menu

MONDAY       TBA
   $5.00 WINGS $3.00 DRAFT BEER   

TUESDAY       TBA
   $5.00 NACHOS $4.00 MARGARITAS    

WEDNESDAY       TBA
   $7 BURGERS $3.00 DRAFT BEER   

THURSDAY       TBA
   $6.00 CRISPY OYSTERS (1/2 dozen) $5.00 VODKA MARTINIS   

FRIDAY       TBA
   1/2 Price Quesadilla's ($6) $ 3.00 DRAFT BEER    
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

One of the best burgers I've ate came from this place. Half a pound of black angus with anything you want topping it. I'm kinda' partial to bacon and cheddar with fried onions, dill pickles and a little mayo. They also have some damn good wings with home made blue cheese.

Still, nothings better than off a charcoal grill in your backyard.

SunMo

the minute you say a POS mcdonalds double cheeseburger dominates Five Guys is when you take youself out of the good burger discussion
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Mickey D's double cheeseburgers are great.

For me to poop on! 

mpmcgraw

Sonic's chicken sandwich thing is farging amazing.  I'm used to getting 1000+ calories from a meal though and even supersized the chicken, fries, and soda doesnt fill me up.

SD

Quote from: SunMo on May 08, 2010, 07:09:55 PM
the minute you say a POS mcdonalds double cheeseburger dominates Five Guys is when you take youself out of the good burger discussion

It has nothing to do with taste and everything to do with them being chains. If 5 guys was some random hole in the wall burger joint in the northeast he'd be singing a different tune. We all know this.

Rome

Like that's going to happen.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on May 08, 2010, 07:25:20 PM

It has nothing to do with taste and everything to do with them being chains. If 5 guys was some random hole in the wall burger joint in the northeast he'd be singing a different tune. We all know this.

I'd buy into that except that McDonald's is the chain of all chain joints.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 07, 2010, 11:53:12 PM
i have laugh at the non stop middle american responses to the best burger contest

for god sakes go to a real restaurant and pay some money for an actual hamburger

dont expect anyone here to know what im talking about.....but its a legit top 3 burger in the country...however just find an equivalent spot near your crib that isnt a fuddruckers wannabee
Bayard House FTW.  Did you and the wifey ever check it out?  Wednesday nights are half priced burgers so you're down to 7 bucks then.  farging banging They're 10 oz of local grown angus, its ridiculous.  No filler.  Highly recommended.  Went there for my birthday for the Wingys, 10 hot wings is 5 bucks, and they're off the hook.  They fry really good quality wings first, then put their sauce on .  Thursday's are great too, the oysters are really good, and i normally get them to drizzle some hotsauce and blue cheese crumblings over them. 

MONDAY       TBA

TUESDAY       TBA

WEDNESDAY       TBA

THURSDAY       TBA

FRIDAY       TBA

MA special

and farg all you for not bowing down to a mcdonalds double

i laugh at five guy stepfords
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I've had 5 Guys once and it was pretty good.

McDonalds double have gotten tiny...they're almost slider size.

ice grillin you

lol

it really is unreal how small they have gotten over the last ten years

they still are a pillow of heaven in your mouth tho
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

My nearly 40-year-old body can no longer handle digesting McDonalds food.  I don't know what the burgers are made of, but I am fairly certain it's not beef.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2010, 08:46:50 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 07, 2010, 11:53:12 PM

MONDAY       TBA

TUESDAY       TBA

WEDNESDAY       TBA

THURSDAY       TBA

FRIDAY       TBA

MA special

and farg all you for not bowing down to a mcdonalds double

i laugh at five guy stepfords
LMAO, not surprising you go for that.  Except when this place is the shtein, its not some trashy joint in the middle of MD, this is on the water.  This is bar specials dook, maybe i can just hang out at applebees or chilis and be cool. 

Im the same way Geo, i cant handle Mickey D's food anymore, i got into a shtein storm within 45 minutes of eating a burger
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

The dollar double at Burger King blows McD's double away.