Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

hes from the south so im guess hes an evangelical christian not a mormon....but again i dont know the guy at all
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Hmmm.  I always thought the dude was a Mormon and that's why the stores weren't open on Sundays.  Kind of like how the Jazz don't play home games on Sunday because of the large Mormon population. 

ice grillin you

might as well never eat or drink again if you are going to not give your money to people who give their money to republicans

shtein i have flyer season tickets and snyder gives a shteinload of money to the right

Sgt PSN

From reading that, it doesn't seem like he does anything that I would consider "over the top."  Dude has his beliefs and he's entitled to them.  I might not agree with all of them but that doesn't mean that the guy is a pos.  Conservative and the Religious aren't bad, it's the ones who take extreme measures of promoting their beliefs and agendas that I have a problem with.   The only thing from that article that I might take issue with is handing out religious material in his resturant.  I personally have never received any though so I guess it's not an everyday practice.  And apparently, it's done in a relatively low key manner.  It's not like he has some dude dressed up like Jesus dancing in front of his resturants the same way tax people put dudes in foam Statue of Liberty hats in front of their business during tax season. 

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

what i really need to know is who owns chilis because thats my MA restuarant of choice...chick fila i might go to twice a year so even if i stopped they wouldnt miss me...but i put a couple mortgage payments a year on el nino margaritas alone

PoopyfaceMcGee

BP has given more money to Obama than any other candidate.  I guess I should stop getting gas there.

But seriously - pretty sure all fast food chains, especially southern chicken chains, have a lot of Republicans on the payroll.

Seabiscuit36

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 06, 2010, 03:07:21 PM
what i really need to know is who owns chilis because thats my MA restuarant of choice...

While I detest all national chain restaurants, Chili's is the one I find most palatable.  I go maybe 5x a year tops. 

Quotechick fil a i might go to twice a year so even if i stopped they wouldnt miss me

Same here.  So even if the guy was trying to start some sort of Jesus revolution, it's not like I'm substantially funding his cause. 

Tomahawk

rjs246

Chili's is the shtein. It's the only chain place that I hit up with any regularity.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

No, it's still horrible.  Just not nearly as awful as Crapplebee's, Fridays or other similar joint.  I try and avoid it at all costs. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Chili's is one of the tastiest and worst-for-you sit-down chain restaurants.  Thus, I love it but try to go very rarely.

ice grillin you

chilis is not even close to horrible...its validly good CHAIN food...and the ONLY good LARGE chain food

their tostado nachos are lovely

those sw egg rolls are good too

even their hamburgers are edible...which is really saying something for a chain

and just talking about this makes me wanna dip my scroat into an el nino