Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 04, 2008, 03:46:46 PM
cheesecake factory is decent for a chain but its still basically a slightly better version of fridays

I don't see how they're anything alike.  Friday's is a corporate whore who markets itself to a bunch of cheap corporate whore douchebag wannabe's.  CCF doesn't even really market itself to anyone, do they?  I've never seen a commercial for them or anything. 

Easiest way to tell if a resturant is good or not is to ask yourself if you would ever take a girl there for dinner on your first date.  And if you take a first date to dinner at Friday's, she'll laugh at you for being a cheap, corporate whore wannabe douchebag and she'll probably kick you in the junk if she has so much a shred of integrity and self esteem.  And while Cheesecake Factory is far from elegant dining, it's good enough and has a nice enough atmosphere that a woman would at least feel like going out with you wasn't a horrible mistake. 

rjs246

The more important question would be "is going out with sarge a horrible mistake" and as we all know the answer is a resounding "Yes." Unless you find a girl who like eye boogers on her forehead of course.

Canine eye boogers.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 04, 2008, 04:53:09 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 04, 2008, 03:46:46 PM
cheesecake factory is decent for a chain but its still basically a slightly better version of fridays

I don't see how they're anything alike.  Friday's is a corporate whore who markets itself to a bunch of cheap corporate whore douchebag wannabe's.  CCF doesn't even really market itself to anyone, do they?  I've never seen a commercial for them or anything. 

Easiest way to tell if a resturant is good or not is to ask yourself if you would ever take a girl there for dinner on your first date.  And if you take a first date to dinner at Friday's, she'll laugh at you for being a cheap, corporate whore wannabe douchebag and she'll probably kick you in the junk if she has so much a shred of integrity and self esteem.  And while Cheesecake Factory is far from elegant dining, it's good enough and has a nice enough atmosphere that a woman would at least feel like going out with you wasn't a horrible mistake. 

fridays is bigger and has more money and is in more parts of the country than cheesecake factory which is why you see commercials but cheesecake factory is a chain just like fridays albeit a little more upscale...they are way more alike than they are different...

not sure if youre familiar with houstons...but thats essentially what cheesecake factory is..not horrible food by any means...its just your standard cookie cutter suburban eat factory...not my cup of tea at all but i can see why people would like it

and for the record i would never take a date to ANY chain restaurant...it screams middle america
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i might get a shrimp and bacon club tonight now.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I just saw a commercial for the new smokehouse bacon burger at Chili's with TRIPLE-THICK BACON.  Seriously, I almost came.  I must have one soon.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 04, 2008, 04:21:01 PM
I ate at The Mendenhall Inn last sunday for brunch.  farging amazing menu. 

I was there (again) at the end of December. Good food, but a bit on the pricey side. I guess somebody had to pay for the kick-ass roaming violinist...

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Had the bacon-shrimp club at Cheesecake Factory today.

Incredible.  I'd like to shake the hand of the evil genius who concocted that sammy.  Jesus...

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on March 02, 2008, 02:54:22 PM

Incredible.  I'd like to shake the hand of the evil genius who concocted that sammy.  Jesus...

had that there a month ago, delicious. Had the avocado egg rolls as an appetizer. Also delicious.

Rome

I also forgot to add that I ate at the Columbia Restaurant in Tampa last night.  I'm telling you guys, if you ever get the chance or are in Tampa on business, go there.  They have the best Spanish food I've ever tasted.  The roast pork a la cubana is insanely delicious and the Caldo Gallego soup is worth going there alone.

phattymatty

Quote from: Rome on March 02, 2008, 02:54:22 PM

yes, it's the best sandwich ever made.

Rome

i had dinner with the family at bonefish grill tonight.  food was great as always.  had the lump crab/corn chowder & fontina pork chop entree with steamed vegetable medley.  blah, blah, blah.  whatever.

the main reason i'm posting this is to tell you about the fish taco appetizer i had.  holy farging shtein, it was incredible,  basically it's two soft taco shells to which they add two large pieces of breaded fish that appears to be coated with some sort of spicy/cheesy breading.  then they add lettuce to the bottom of the taco's and then mango/pepper salsa on top of the fish with sauce from the bang-bang shrimp on the side.

it might have been the best tasting food i've ever had.  i'm going back this weekend for more.  it really was that good.

SD_Eagle5

Fish tacos originated in San Diego...outside so cal everyone I've tasted has tasted like ass.

Eagaholic

Quote from: SunMo on February 04, 2008, 04:22:53 PM
was Rashad there?

Today Spads said they looked at getting him in the first but it probably ended up better they later got the Carolina trade.