Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I ate at Cheesecake Factory over the weekend.  I think it's only the 2nd time I've eaten at one of those places but both times I've had a great meal.  First time was in Bodymore.  This time obviously in KC.  Ordered a shrimp blt.  The name speaks for itself.  It was delicious. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yeah, evil chain and all... Cheesecake Factory has some good eats.

It's on the expensive side, but the portions are also quite large.

phattymatty

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 04, 2008, 01:57:41 PM
I ate at Cheesecake Factory over the weekend.  I think it's only the 2nd time I've eaten at one of those places but both times I've had a great meal.  First time was in Bodymore.  This time obviously in KC.  Ordered a shrimp blt.  The name speaks for itself.  It was delicious. 

i have a friend who bartends at a cheesecake factory so we end up going there more than most of those types of restaurants. 

that shrimp and bacon club is the bast sandwich of any restaurant ever.  they make a mean ass martini too.

Rome

Chain or not that place is great.  They have one in Orlando and we eat there occasionally.  Their bistro shrimp pasta is ridiculous.

PhillyPhanInDC

Ha. I've seen them around (Tyson's Corner and Richmond) but never bother to even look, because I hate cheesecake.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Rome

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I've probably eaten at the place about 8-10 times in my life and ordered cheesecake once.

It was good.  Nothing special.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on February 04, 2008, 02:03:27 PM

Yup.  They're a chain resturant but at the same time, they aren't evey farging where like Olive Garden, Applebee's, etc.  For the most part, I think you're probably only going to find them in/around large cities. 

Also, I believe the place is still family owned.  Not sure about that though.  Anyone know if they are or if each one is an individually owned franchise?  Not that it matters, I'll still enjoy eating there once or twice a year. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 04, 2008, 02:50:00 PM

Yup.  They're a chain resturant but at the same time, they aren't evey farging where like Olive Garden, Applebee's, etc.  For the most part, I think you're probably only going to find them in/around large cities. 

Also, I believe the place is still family owned.  Not sure about that though.  Anyone know if they are or if each one is an individually owned franchise?  Not that it matters, I'll still enjoy eating there once or twice a year. 

The two in my area are both part of malls, like the one in KoP.

Also, they are not family-owned.

Quote from: SunMo on February 04, 2008, 02:41:52 PM
turtle cheesecake is pretty badass

I prefer eating them on the half-shell.

Wingspan

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 04, 2008, 02:50:00 PM

I ate at the sahara cheesecake factory the other day.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

cheesecake factory is decent for a chain but its still basically a slightly better version of fridays...everything at places like that tatses the same to me...its not inedible or anything and serves its purpose but its better to support the little guy

i ate out this weekend http://www.jackiesrestaurant.com/look.html and the bill after all was said and done came to 259 bucks (before tip) for four people...really neat eccentric atmosphere with excellent new american food
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

There is a English Pub here in Lancaster called Quips. They have the best damn wings I have ever had. I could prob eat them 5 days a week
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

I ate at The Mendenhall Inn last sunday for brunch.  farging amazing menu. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons