Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 11, 2007, 07:37:16 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 10, 2007, 05:18:52 PM
Top chain restaurants announced

Nothing horrendously incorrect there, from what I've personally had.

QuoteSEAFOOD:          Red Lobster                          Platinum Winner

= Horrendously incorrect.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Red Lobster isn't even food.  It's "seafood" for hicks from Indiana who don't know what real seafood tastes like.

Also - Joe's Crab Shack is horrible in every aspect but one.  They have a hot blue crab and cheese dip they serve with tortilla chips that is worth the price of admission.  Otherwise - barf.

And hahahaha at Olive Garden. 

SunMo

people's obsession with bashing the Olive Garden is funny to me
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

eat a little italy or south philly italian dinner and you would more easily understand it

guaranteed

i concur on red lobtser as well...went for the first time a few weeks ago and it was virtually unedible

lol @ silver winner subway as well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 11, 2007, 09:53:38 AM
eat a little italy or south philly italian dinner and you would more easily understand it

guaranteed

that's fine...i can already understand it

i just think it's funny that the fact that some people get so fired up at the fact that other people, people they don't know, enjoy food at some other resturaunt. 

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on August 11, 2007, 09:46:27 AM
people's obsession with bashing the Olive Garden is funny to me

There's a scene in Goodfellas where Henry Hill mocks "Italian" food where he lives in the witness relocation program as Egg Noodles & Ketchup.  He was clearly referring to Olive Garden.

It's excrement, pure and simple.

And I don't care if people enjoy cramming their fat faces with zesty food.  Personally I think they should all die screaming, but then again, I think that about most people in general.

SunMo

i think we can settle this over a Tour of Italy and some Rasberry Tea, what do you think friend?

Rome

SunMo

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: rjs246 on August 11, 2007, 09:18:36 AM
QuoteSEAFOOD:          Red Lobster                          Platinum Winner

= Horrendously incorrect.

I'll plead ignorance here - I haven't eaten at a Red Lobster in over a decade - but what better seafood chain is there?

As for Italian food this is 'chain restaurants' so comparing Olive Garden to restaurants in South Philly really isn't fair.

Rome

That's the point.  The term "seafood chain" is an oxymoron.  If it isn't then I don't know what is.

As far as Olive Garden goes, it's not worthy of comparison to anything.  I'd rather eat Chef Boyardee out of a can than that slop.  Even so, at least the food at Carrabba's is somewhat edible.  If I was forced to eat food from an Italian chain I would go with Maggiano's.

SD_Eagle5

When I first entered the Navy and was clearing $650 a month I could hook up some Chef Boyardee. The trick was hot sauch extra garlic salt and tons of parmesan cheese

rjs246

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 11, 2007, 11:22:11 AM
That's the point.  The term "seafood chain" is an oxymoron.  If it isn't then I don't know what is.

Not true. McCormack and Schmick is good food and a chain. Same with Legal Seafoods (except that Legals aren't that good anywhere outside of New England in my experience, but still WAY better than Red Lobster).
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I got through college on ramen noodles, day-old bread and peanut butter.  Plus I got a job at a seafood dock restaurant during the summer so I could eat at least one good meal a day.  Somehow I always managed to overcook a broiled combination three or four times a week at that place.

:-D

But hell yeah, Chef Boyardee would work in a pinch especially if I had some A.C. hard rolls to go along with.

rjs: wouldn't you agree that places like McCormick & Schmick's aren't really chains in the true sense?  Yeah, they have a ton of them just like The Chart House or Ruth Chris's "chains" but they're not really a chain-type operation, right?