Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Update: I missed out on Ralph's. We ended up driving around for 45 minutes, trying to find a parking spot. No parking, no valet (johnson). So we went back to Dave and Busters.

Last night, however, was a truly awesome experience:

http://www.fogodechao.com/

NGM

I'm not really sure what Brazilian style food taste like, but that shtein sounds really really good.

Also had the best stromboli of my life for lunch today.  The thing is so damn big that they make it in the shape of an "L" to fit in the large pizza box.  It will also be lunch tomorrow. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: NGM on April 01, 2007, 05:33:33 PM
I'm not really sure what Brazilian style food taste like, but that shtein sounds really really good.

It is. Start with a huge "salad" bar (including all kinds of wild things like smoked salmon and fresh mozzarella. Then get the side dishes of mashed potato, fried banana, and fried polenta. And then "gauchos" wander around with all different types of open-fire-roasted meat on skewers...and as long as you don't tell them to stop, they keep piling on the food. There's no way you leave there hungry. I don't think I'll be hungry for a week.

MURP

that place looks good.  Im gonna have to check it out.

Diomedes

Brazil and Argentina combined eat more than double the amount of beef that Americans do per capita.  Brazil is around 32 pounds, Argentina around 70.  America around 45.  All three countries are in the top ten for the world.

This kind of information is useful when planning vacations or dinner plans.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Good info. I was at an Argentinian style wedding reception a few years ago...and it was great.

On a side note, the groom in the above wedding is now appearing in an ESPN commercial. He's the guy who's talking out of his ass.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Brazilian steakhouses are usually a good idea, as long as you don't get completely boned on price.

SD_Eagle5

I went to a Brazilian steakhouse when I was in Rio right off the strip, probably one of the best meals I ever had. Hit one up in San Diego that was half decent too.

Got curbside delivery from Outback tonight, to my surprise when I got home there was an extra Filet in a seperate styrofoam container as well as a Cheeseburger and fries. Made for a good latenight snack.

Diomedes

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 01, 2007, 10:16:47 PM
Brazilian steakhouses are usually a good idea, as long as you don't get completely boned on price.

Your money obsession is getting the better of you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Diomedes on April 02, 2007, 09:34:14 AM

Yeah...and happy Passover Jew

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on April 02, 2007, 09:34:14 AM

Well, I've been to all four kinds:

Best - Cuts of meat are excellent and price is very reasonable.
Okay - Cuts of meat are excellent but price is excessive.
Meh - Crappy meat, but cheap.
Die - Crappy meat AND expensive.

I don't mind paying as long as there's value in it.

Susquehanna Birder

This was about $45 a person, not counting alcohol. Even that wasn't too bad. A caipirinhia (muddled lime and Brazilian rum drink) was $7. In the city, that's a steal.

The meat was wonderful, too.

SD_Eagle5

First time eating at Harry the K's yesterday. The Philly spring rolls are excellent, not much proportion wise but still delicious. Finally had the 'Schmitter'. I was expecting crap but it was half decent.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Father Demon

Taking the missus to Bahama Breeze tonight.  I've only been there once before and it was kind of uppity to me, but we have a gift certificate, so we're going.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.