Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

chains are terrible...i will eat at them again...but if i could prevent that from happening i would

every single menu item at every single chain tastes the same...not necessarily when youre eating it but after youre done and you think back to what it tasted like you cant decsribe it except to say that it tastes like every other thing youve ever had there

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on January 19, 2007, 01:58:51 PM
i can't stand resturaunt snobs.

"oh, i won't eat there, IT'S A CHAIN!"

farging die

Quote from: phattymatty on January 19, 2007, 01:59:42 PM
i wonder if all message board nerds across the internet are as pretentious as this group.

fast food sucks!

Amen.

ice grillin you

what if you dont like chain restaurants when youre not on the internet.....like in real life

things that make you go hmmmmm?

PoopyfaceMcGee

What in the sam hell are you talking about?

Basically, a blanket statement about hating all chain restaurants is simply ridiculous.

Do I dislike more of them than I like?  Yes.  All factors equal, would I prefer to support a "mom and pop"?  Yes.  Is that always the best choice?  No.

phattymatty

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Only chain I like and I'm sure the anti-chain gang will disagree with me here is Outback. Their steaks are always tendered and seasoned right, their Alice Springs Chicken (thick piece of chicken, bacon, with cheese smothered on top and Honey Mustard on the side) is delicous as well. Blue Cheese and Caesar salads are decent and their apps are pretty good.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Ruth's Chris is a restaurant chain.  So are Chart House restaurants.

There's excellent chains out there and there's zesty ones (Olive Garden was an excellent example).

Big farging deal.  Just give me some excellent tasting food, servers who don't farg up your order or spit in your soup and I'm as happy as a clam.

Rome

Outback's coconut shrimp are delicious.

I usually get the chicken walhalla pasta because I don't like their steaks.  Still decent food, though.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on January 19, 2007, 03:24:30 PM
beef and cheddar what!

Sometimes I get a hankering for beef paste on a bun.  Sue me.

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 19, 2007, 03:30:56 PM
Only chain I like and I'm sure the anti-chain gang will disagree with me here is Outback. Their steaks are always tendered and seasoned right, their Alice Springs Chicken (thick piece of chicken, bacon, with cheese smothered on top and Honey Mustard on the side) is delicous as well. Blue Cheese and Caesar salads are decent and their apps are pretty good.

I like Outback, except I usually find it overpriced for the quality.  Plus, I never order a chicken entree when I go out.  Chicken's too easy/cheap to get decent cuts of and to cook in various ways at home for me to justify it.  Plus, ordering chicken at Outback is just gay.

Anyway, even if I agreed with everything else you said, saying the Outback Steakhouse is literally the *only chain* you like is just downright weird.

But, to each his own.  At least it's not your life's work to fight THE MAN.

phattymatty

outback has good wings too.  the cucaburra (sp?) wings or whatever they're called.  different in that they're kind of plain, but you get some hot sauce on the side and they're pretty tasty.

Rome

Wait - you mean ordering chicken at a steak restaurant is homosexual?

That's hott.

:-*

ice grillin you

Ruth's Chris is a restaurant chain

apples and oranges

like dio said ruth and chris arent getting their food from aramark or some mass food distributor

i think when "chain" restaurant is mentioned everyone knows what is meant

anyway pretty sure ive never been to an outback...not because its a chain but because im not a big steak guy