Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I had the fatburgers out in L.A. when I was there.  The Kingburger is bigger, Geo.  1/2 pound instead of 1/3.

It's no In n Out Double-Double, though.

:drool

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on December 19, 2006, 02:49:41 PM
I had the fatburgers out in L.A. when I was there.  The Kingburger is bigger, Geo.  1/2 pound instead of 1/3.

It's no In n Out Double-Double, though.

:drool

I never got the fascination with In and Out Burgers.  They were ok at best.  I went to several different locations while I was in San Diego last year and i was unimpressed with each one.  Decent burger but nothing to write home about.

The only thing I liked about that place is that they've only got like 4 things on their menu so even if you get stuck in line behind someone who's never been there before you don't have to wait forever while he scans the menu looking for something. 

Also, there's this place in the next town over from where I live called Icehouse Waterfront.  It's a clever name because it's located on the waterfront.  Pure genious.  Anywho, It's not an upscale place but it's definitely one of the nicer resturants around.  I ordered their Grouper Royale which came with garlic potatoes and mixed veggies and had a cannoli for dessert. 

The grouper was absolutely amazing.  By far the best seafood dish I've ever had.  The garlic potatoes had the perfect amount of seasoning on them.  I washed everything down with a couple glasses of wine which made it the best meal I've eaten since moving here.   But the biggest surprise was how good the cannoli was.  My nana used to make them all the time when I was a kid.  It's one of my favorite desserts ever.  I've ordered them from resturants before and was never very satisfied but I decided to try one anyway and I gotta admit that it gave nana's cannoli's a run for their money.  And the service was excellent too.   

mussa

Carraba's (sp?) - going out to eat there tomorrow night w/ fam. Ate there before and was thoroughly impressed. Got stuffed chicken w/ like cheese and seasonings that's baked in wood oven. It was so good, had that smoked taste.  :drool
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Carrabba's is some of the most overpriced garbage in chain restaurants today.

I hope you're not paying your own check, and if you're not, order the sangria.

mussa

I'm not paying.  Regardless, I had an awesome meal there.  But hell, I'm just a simple farm boy from Lancaster. What kind of tastes would I have anyway.   Whoooweeee! Where's my sister?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Ate at Bone Fish a few weeks ago, got the filet which was good. The Bang Bang shrimp was the best thing I ate in a long time.
Also hit up Capital Grille downtown last week, they make an out of this world filet. A little pricey, though.

The BIGSTUD

Capital Grille is very expensive. I went there once and got a steak which was so much money and barely had any meat on it. They told me all this stuff about how it was specially prepared and all that crap. Tasted normal to me. I'd rather just get a meatball parm from Sarcone's or something for 1/5th the price.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mussa on January 19, 2007, 12:11:48 AM
I'm not paying.  Regardless, I had an awesome meal there.  But hell, I'm just a simple farm boy from Lancaster. What kind of tastes would I have anyway.   Whoooweeee! Where's my sister?

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 19, 2007, 12:28:34 AM
Ate at Bone Fish a few weeks ago, got the filet which was good. The Bang Bang shrimp was the best thing I ate in a long time.

On a scale of 1 to 10, Bonefish is a solid 7.5 and Carrabba's is a 2 at best.

The Bang Bang shrimp is fsckin good.

Rome

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 18, 2007, 09:38:50 PM
Carrabba's is some of the most overpriced garbage in chain restaurants today.

People go nuts over that shteinhole down here, and for the life of me, I don't understand why.

The food sucks ass in that place.

As far as the bang-bang shrimp go, I'm in complete agreement.  Any trip to Bonefish has to include the bang-bang shrimp. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Zanshin

Never been to a Bonefish.  Only thing I know about it is that it's owned by Outback.

Rome

Ford owns Jaguar but I'd never mistake a Ford Focus for a Jaguar XK.

:-D

Seriously, though. . . check it out, Z.  The food is really excellent there.  And if you have kids, surprisingly enough, they love them there.  They use these huge sheets of white paper to cover their tables and they supply crayons for the kids to draw on them.  It's bizarre because it's actually an upscale restaurant, but hey, it works for us with a six year-old.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Zanshin on January 19, 2007, 08:35:17 AM
Never been to a Bonefish.  Only thing I know about it is that it's owned by Outback.

So is Carrabba's (at least they're all owned by the same company).

Zanshin

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 19, 2007, 08:42:47 AM
Ford owns Jaguar but I'd never mistake a Ford Focus for a Jaguar XK.

:-D

Seriously, though. . . check it out, Z.  The food is really excellent there.  And if you have kids, surprisingly enough, they love them there.  They use these huge sheets of white paper to cover their tables and they supply crayons for the kids to draw on them.  It's bizarre because it's actually an upscale restaurant, but hey, it works for us with a six year-old.

Macaroni Grill does that, too...but it's not upscale.  That's always a hit with the kid.  It always makes me want to punch the waiter when he tries to write his name upside down in crayon for us on it.  Like I care.