Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

There's this local chain in NC called Andy's.....FF's probably heard of them.  Anywho, they're a 50's style burger joint that I stop into every now and then.  Went in for lunch today and had one of the greasiest, drippiest, double cheeseburgers I've ever had in my life.  It was delicious. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 15, 2006, 03:49:52 PM
There's this local chain in NC called Andy's.....FF's probably heard of them.  Anywho, they're a 50's style burger joint that I stop into every now and then.  Went in for lunch today and had one of the greasiest, drippiest, double cheeseburgers I've ever had in my life.  It was delicious. 

Absolutely.  There is one very close to my house.  They also make the closest thing to a Philly cheesesteak in NC.  It's still filth compared to Jim's or Steve's, but it's 10 times better than Jersey Mike's or some shtein.

Andy's is good greasy shtein.  And all the waitresses at the one near me are probably 16-17 years old, cute, and very friendly.

Sgt PSN

Same here.  I had their cheesesteak once and it was sufficient.  The Andy's on base features a staff of primarily 18-23 yr old cuties who open the door for you when you come in or leave.  And I've yet to get a waitress who wasn't extremely friendly.  If they didn't cost literally and arm and a leg to eat there, I'd probably check it out more than once a month.  But $10 for a burger/fries/drink > what I want to pay. 

Susquehanna Birder

LOL @ Jersey Mike's. That shtein went out of business out here.

Rome

This post belongs in rjs's shteinter thread.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 15, 2006, 04:15:21 PM
Same here.  I had their cheesesteak once and it was sufficient.  The Andy's on base features a staff of primarily 18-23 yr old cuties who open the door for you when you come in or leave.  And I've yet to get a waitress who wasn't extremely friendly.  If they didn't cost literally and arm and a leg to eat there, I'd probably check it out more than once a month.  But $10 for a burger/fries/drink > what I want to pay. 

Weird.  Wife and I pay no more than $15 for a whole meal there usually.  I guess the door-opening thing is an across-the-chain thing.  Thing hyphon-hyphon thing.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FFatPatt on December 15, 2006, 04:44:54 PM
Weird.  Wife and I pay no more than $15 for a whole meal there usually.  I guess the door-opening thing is an across-the-chain thing.  Thing hyphon-hyphon thing.

I guess it depends on what you order.  They've got their combo meal menu that's not too expensive but it's the small version of everything.  Everything I order I "Andy's size" which costs more.  I usually get the Andy's Double Cheeseburger + bacon, chili cheese fries and large tea.  Comes out to $10 and some change.  I'm not bitching about the prices though.  The food is definitely better than Mikey D's or BK.  And the staff is friendly and they actually wait on you instead of having you stand in line for 20 minutes.  So it's worth the price as far as I'm concerned. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 15, 2006, 05:11:39 PM
I usually get the Andy's Double Cheeseburger + bacon, chili cheese fries and large tea.

Stop hanging out with hbionic.  That is incredibly accurate.

ice grillin you

ended up at chillis tonight

they have this el nino margarita that is incredible...its not really even a margarita as i dont like them but love long islands and a waiter there once said that the el nino was the closest a margarita can get to a LI...god they are good

10 bucks a pop is the only negative but you get what you pay for since they are really strong
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

in about a half hour ill be having what is normally my best meal of the year

our branch pot luck x-mas dinner

what makes it so good is that my branch has 21 people in it...18 are african american and 12 are women...so i go to work on some of the best soul food youll ever eat
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phattymatty

our pot luck is today too.  i smell barbeque already.

thrillhouse

Sounds like Johnny Rockets.  The have good stuff there.  I always make the mistake of getting a burger, fries, soda and milkshake, then end up in the bathroom shortly thereafter.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yes, it's somewhat similar to Johnny Rockets.

Geowhizzer

They just opened up a "Fatburgers" down here, and I tried it out yesterday while Christmas shopping for the wife.

It was ok, but for $9.00 for a burger, fries and coke I was expecting a bit more.  The "1/3 pound" burger seemed about the size of a McDonalds cheeseburger when I got it.

Meh.