Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

If you guys are ever up in North Jersey, check out Steve's Sizzling House of Steaks. It looks like a total dump from the outside, but the steaks are serious. Not badly priced either...About $12 for a nice size strip. Full bar too - too bad I go while at work.

Rome

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 21, 2006, 11:07:26 AM
Yeah, I'd have to think that any good chef would appreciate an honest, constructive opinion of his creation. As long as it's polite, of course. Besides, you don't want to piss off a crazy Italian with a kitchen full of sharp knives.

The chef's job is to supervise the kitchen staff and prepare the menu.  IMO, they don't belong in the dining room because when they're there, they're not back where they belong ensuring my meal is prepared properly.

ice grillin you

If you guys are ever up in North Jersey, check out Steve's Sizzling House of Steaks. It looks like a total dump from the outside, but the steaks are serious. Not badly priced either...About $12 for a nice size strip. Full bar too - too bad I go while at work.

sounds like a good place to hit before a game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 21, 2006, 11:20:24 AM
The chef's job is to supervise the kitchen staff and prepare the menu.  IMO, they don't belong in the dining room because when they're there, they're not back where they belong ensuring my meal is prepared properly.

Well, in my case, he came out and talked with us after the final seating was served. So unless you want him back in there making sure the dishes are washed correctly, it was okay for him to be out and connecting with the customers.

Rome

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 21, 2006, 12:57:02 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 21, 2006, 11:20:24 AM

Well, in my case, he came out and talked with us after the final seating was served. So unless you want him back in there making sure the dishes are washed correctly, it was okay for him to be out and connecting with the customers.

It's okay for him to talk about how your meal was before you eat it too.

;)

Zanshin

Quote from: Die-Hard on November 21, 2006, 11:13:46 AM

On 17 South?

thrillhouse

Quote from: Die-Hard on November 21, 2006, 11:13:46 AM

Really? On route 17?  I almost choked when I read that!  I never would have guessed..That place does look like a shtein hole.  I guess Ill have to try it.

phattymatty

thrillhouse

DH

Its on the 17 south side...connected to the Hot Dog House.  :-D

As bad as it looks on the outside, the inside has a cool hunters/fishermans type feel, and the steaks are money. Definitely worth a try if anyone is ever up this way.

Sgt PSN

Went to the Cheesecake Factory at the B-more Harbor on Saturday for my sister's b-day.  Excellent meal.  We also got our deserts for free because about 5 minutes after we were seated, we were asked to move to accomodate a larger party.  Free cheesecake > everything else. 

SunMo

i got some quesadilla's from the Applebee's the other day.  sunday dinner never tasted so good.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Cheesecake factory is usually pretty good. The portions are farging enormous and usually tastes pretty good, especially for a chain. Their drinks/martinis are the best part of the experience. You won't find better Martinis anywhere. Their cheesecake is also good, of course.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

I hate Crapplebee's.  Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate!  And it's not that I think their food sucks.  I just hate resturant itself.  I hate the decor.  I hate the people who work there, I hate their stupid farging commercials and I hate the fact that they are every-farging-where.  They're like the Starbucks of resturants. 

But it's cool that you had a good time there I guess.  Yay for you. 

SunMo

actually, that was me acting like a meal from Applebee's was good.

and that was also me, acting like Applebee's was a fine dining estaablishment, thus the "the Applebees" and the reference to Sunday dinner.

but thank you, Mr. Literal, well done.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.