Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Quote from: Zanshin on November 03, 2006, 04:11:08 PM
Went to Morton's last week.  Typically great experience...but, man, you pay for it.  $240 for me and the wife.

mortons down here in the dc metro area are having a special in the month of november.  $99 for two people which includes an entree, sides, and desserts.

ice grillin you

i thought i had told you on email

ummm it was ok...ironically because its usually the bread or meat down here that effs up a steak it was the wiz to me....for some reason it doesnt taste right there...like its too cheddery...the bread could have been better as well but thats expected....still better than any steak ive had in the area except magerks in baltimore and jerrys which has the ebst steak ive ever had outside of philly and rivals some of the better ones in philly
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

oh yeah, you did tell me that

theres a place in alexexandria that i'm trying to hit soon that has suppsedly really good cheesesteaks

http://alssteak.com/

Zanshin

Quote from: phattymatty on November 03, 2006, 05:07:55 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on November 03, 2006, 04:11:08 PM
Went to Morton's last week.  Typically great experience...but, man, you pay for it.  $240 for me and the wife.

mortons down here in the dc metro area are having a special in the month of november.  $99 for two people which includes an entree, sides, and desserts.

Yep...in the NYC area too.  I made a mental note of that when I got the damn coupon in the mail the day after we went to dinner.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ate at a place called "Friday Saturday Sunday" at 21st and Rittenhouse tonight.  Excellent, excellent menu.  I'd highly recommend it.  But eat early if you go on a weekend, because nearby parking fills up quickly, and it's a small restaurant, so no valet.

Bonus:  Every wine on their menu is only $10 over cost.

hbionic

Quote from: MURP on November 03, 2006, 10:28:45 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2006, 09:51:32 AM
next saturday: http://www.ralphsrestaurant.com/

one of my all-time favorite spots

thats where we took Hbionic on his first trip to Philly years back. 

I was thinking about that place recently. The food was delicious and that's the place where you had to walk upstairs, right?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phattymatty

reese125

If anyone is down with sushi...go to Raw at 1225 Samson. The place is no joke and has by far the best sushi in town

Rome

I had a great meal in Jacksonville last night at a Juliette's Bistro in the Omni Hotel.

It had grilled chicken, crispy bacon, and portabella mushrooms in a cream sauce with ravioli-style pasta on the bottom of the bowl.  Dear God it was delicious.

Quasimoto

I had a bowl of instant mashed potatoes with a glass of orange juice.

ice grillin you

I was thinking about that place recently. The food was delicious and that's the place where you had to walk upstairs, right?

there is an upstairs yes

i think i had the best meal of my life there last weekend

veal parm that was insane
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

There's a place local to here (Nonna's in New Cumberland) that's an "upstairs" kind of deal. It's very small, but it's very good. The kind of place where the chef comes out and personally asks how everything was. I mean specifically. He asks about each dish.

Because of the horrible LCB laws, they don't serve alcohol, but they are BYOB. In a way that's a plus, because that knocks a pretty big chunk off of the final bill.

Rome

I hate it when chefs come out and ask for a review of their food. 

Emeril Legasse did that to us in his restaurant in Orlando when he first opening the place.  I mean, come on... what are you gonna say, that it sucked and he should consider a career as a dog walker instead?

Stupid.

Wingspan

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 21, 2006, 10:02:26 AM
I hate it when chefs come out and ask for a review of their food. 

Emeril Legasse did that to us in his restaurant in Orlando when he first opening the place.  I mean, come on... what are you gonna say, that it sucked and he should consider a career as a dog walker instead?

Stupid.

i went to an opening about 3 years ago. (during the opening week) no one famous or anything. the chef made rounds, and i didnt really like the food. and i told the chef i didnt, which i honestly didnt like. he was actually really nice and appreciative of it. we were then comped all our beverages and dessert. and got comped completely the next time we went.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Susquehanna Birder

Yeah, I'd have to think that any good chef would appreciate an honest, constructive opinion of his creation. As long as it's polite, of course. Besides, you don't want to piss off a crazy Italian with a kitchen full of sharp knives.